We LoveFilm discussion

Adapted Films > The Help

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melanie (Moviemavengal) (moviemavengal) | 26 comments Who's excited to see The Help later this summer? I read the book last year, and I think Viola Davis will be amazing as Abileen. Loved Emma Stone in Easy A so I have high hopes for her as Skeeter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454029/

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I think the most of us here in this group is so excited to see the film adaptation of this book. We have been buzzing about it for a while. I can't wait for when the film comes out and we can all discuss.

message 3: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
Hmmm ... I don't really care Emma Stone. I liked her well enough in Easy A, but she comes across as a bit too rough for the role of Skeeter imo. Although I'm no fan of her I think Dakota Fanning probably would have been a better choice or Emma Roberts.

Anyway, no matter, I can not wait to see this! I absolutely loved the book and hope they do it justice. I'm hoping I won't have to travel overseas with my job on opening weekend as I'd like to see this as soon as it is released. Actually, when exactly is it coming out? Anybody knows?

Melanie (Moviemavengal) (moviemavengal) | 26 comments August 12th! Not too much longer to wait.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuKgz...

message 5: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
Thanks moviemavengal! Unfortunately I do think I might be out of the country when it opens. Darnit.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the group! I hope you'll feel welcome and enjoy your time here! :)

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Davina wrote: "Hmmm ... I don't really care Emma Stone. I liked her well enough in Easy A, but she comes across as a bit too rough for the role of Skeeter imo. Although I'm no fan of her I think Dakota Fanning pr..."

Now that you have mentioned Dakota Fanning, I could picture that. We shall see if they do a good job.

Melanie (Moviemavengal) (moviemavengal) | 26 comments Make that Wednesday August 10th. Just saw this on Deadline Hollywood - sounds like the studio is expecting a hit!

DreamWorks and Disney have moved the opening of the Kathryn Stockett bestselling novel adaptation The Help to Aug. 10. They'll open it Wednesday instead of its original Aug. 12 Friday date to make a long weekend out of it and take advantage of word of mouth. The Tate Taylor-directed film stars Emma Stone and Viola Davis.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Well I'm going to be out of town that week but I will be going to the theatre the following weekend :) I can't wait to see it.