The Sword and Laser discussion

Patrick Rothfuss Reading List

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 834 comments You can never have enough reading lists, I guess. Anyway, Patrick Rothfuss has answered a question of one his reader's about reading suggestions and his summer reading lists.

I'm just linking to the blog post: http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011/...

Lots of good stuff (at least the books I know). I'm thrilled to see The Neverending Story made it to his top 40. Also the comments also have a lot of suggestions.

Plus, a picture of some of his bookshelves.

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (adrew) | 426 comments Anne wrote: "You can never have enough reading lists, I guess. Anyway, Patrick Rothfuss has answered a question of one his reader's about reading suggestions and his summer reading lists.

I'm just linking to..."

I love these kinds of posts from Authors (and Musicians too). I think it gives one a lot of insight as to their inspirations, and obviously provides more fuel for our own ever growing 'to read' lists.

message 3: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2480 comments A nice list. I found I have read 16 of his top 40 and 5 of his 'almost made it' top 20.

message 4: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments I've read 30 of the 40, few from the next list, and about half of his "to read" list.

I always like to see what authors I like read in and out of genre. I've found some great histories that way, and I found the Dresden Files when it was originally published that way too.

message 5: by Al (new)

Al | 159 comments Great lists; thanks, Anne!