What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Remedy
This topic is about The Remedy
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED!: Girl forced to become nun, has a baby, then becomes actress in London? in a historical era [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rebecca Muff (beccam1001) | 2 comments I read this book last year... it had a recipe for some sort of tonic/elixir at the beginning of each chapter. On the cover there was a guy with a mask that had a very large beak and I think the title was in gold. And the book seemed a little food obsessed so maybe(?) the title had something to do with that.

As for the actual story, a girl is forced to become a nun (her parents trick her into it) and while she there she works in the kitchen because she loves all sweet foods. Also, she is basically whored out by the nunnery to make them money and because of it she gets pregnant... when the baby is born they take it away but tell her it had died... Somehow she ends up becoming an actress and this guys really likes her and they fall in love. Then his best friend dies and he has to end up taking care of best friend's daughter (who is usually at boarding school). Daughter hates the actress and vice versa, guy doesn't know what to do... it ends up the daughter is the actress's own kid from way back when--she hadn't actually died, but her father had taken her away.

Odd story I know, but its driving me crazy that I can't remember!

message 2: by Peggy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Peggy | 21 comments Hi Rebecca,

The book you're looking for is The Remedy by Michelle Lovric. The hardcover has the cover that you described.

message 3: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rebecca Muff (beccam1001) | 2 comments That's it! Thank you so much Peggy!!

message 4: by Peggy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Peggy | 21 comments Glad to help.