Harry Potter discussion

Books > if u are given a chance to make your own ending of HP7, how would you end it?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anj_bookster (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Anj_bookster alcala | 22 comments mine would be that voldemort was not actually dead and came back after 20 years...

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments oh, i'd definitely want voldemort dead. and it was good of jk to let us see the "broken" voldemort in that out-of body experience of harry's. coz that would teach people that death is not the end. there could be so much more suffering in the afterlife and no one can do anything about it because all the chance were given when we are alive. i would have wanted sirius to be alive and remus too but i guess the gang's together again in the afterlife as well. fred still alive then.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I don't think I would change much. I might add what the trio did during the 19 years( what they did after hogwarts, who became headmaster/headmistress, who became new potions teacher, who became new defense against the dark arts teacher, etc).

message 4: by kristel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

kristel ting | 17 comments the ending was great especially when harry pretend that he's dead and carried by sobbing hagrid.

message 5: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Amy Marie (Amy_Marie97) | 26 comments I wouldn't change a thing. (Maybe keep Remus alive *cries*)

But having the relationship between Harry and Teddy is so perfect, it was very well plotted.

No changes for me please! =)

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 20, 2011 09:13AM) (new)

I would have made the battle longer against Voldemort.... I think he died too quickly. Not that it's a bad thing though!

message 7: by Sanjana (new)

Sanjana Bhattacharyya (sanjanaB) | 18 comments Harry dies trying to kill voldemort!(yeah, that way there's room for more and after all it's a dark and unfair world) or at least NOT let Snape die in such a lame manner...*grumbles*
and definitely keep that epilogue out!!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (RandHrShipper1) | 48 comments I don't think the way Snape died was lame at all and the Epilogue is AMAZING and has to stay.

I also wouldn't change much at all--J.K. did it her way, and it was what it should have been.

message 9: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I think Snape's death is perfect, but I don't really like the epilogue. I agree with Rachel on not changing much, though. I love the way that JKR planned the books.

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie (AnnieIsCool13) I agree with Rachel and Pandy. Snape's death was perfect!

message 11: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments i think the end which jkr has created is the best end 4 a story like hp.in the end,harry finaly reaches to victory but this victory also costs many things 2.such as the death of his closest freinds(lupin,tonks,fred...),finding out about the relations man who he hated f0r 7 year and his mother,and an awful truth about himself(that he's the last horcrox).
i don't think that any other ending would be as perfect as jkr's.

message 12: by Regine (new)

Regine | 12 comments I loved the ending and wouldn't change much myself. What I would love to see is maybe a book or a series focusing on Snape; his career at Hogwarts as the Half-Blood Prince, his descent into the dark arts, and the his life as a double agent for Dumbledore.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 20, 2011 09:14AM) (new)

I can't possibly imagine ending the story a differnt way... J.K. did a very good job.

message 14: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (GuitarChick) | 170 comments I think J.K. pulled it off just fine. Plus I wouldn't know what to change anyway.

message 15: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments I wouldn't change anything because 1) I'm not as smart as JKR and probably would just make it really crappy 2) everything was perfect! Even the epilogue! I know some of you say that the epilogue was disappointing but I think it's for the best. She probably wanted to leave it open so that we the fans can keep discussing it our hearts' content. Plus it would be really boring and tedious to list out what happened to each and every character like what some fans would want. AND the epilogue shows Harry moving on and you get to see the next generation as a character rather than as "Harry had a son named James and another son named Albus..." Again boring! Anyway, that's just what I think...

message 16: by Miss Jimenez (new)

Miss Jimenez | 14 comments I definitely agree with Aegine. I think Rowling did a fantastic job and even though I didn't think the epilogue was perfect it was fantastic. It ended the story but it also, excuse my cliche, started a new beginning. The main story ended but with the new generation you can guess about the future and hypothesize about later plots and problems.

message 17: by ɐzzıɹʞ (new)

ɐzzıɹʞ fred, remus, and tonks won't die...

message 18: by Joe (last edited Jun 24, 2011 12:45AM) (new)

Joe | 57 comments I'd have it as more of a war, and probably have the Deatheaters creating new spells throughout the book that they all use in the final battle. I'd have more of the book as them evading the Deatheaters instead of them camping. I know that would mean their protective enchantments were suck, but a few edits and it'd work. I know I'd definetly add more at Hogwarts, and bring a few more people to life with the Resurection Stone temporarily.

Bringing Voldemort back would be pretty cool, but people would just think J.K Rowling was just trying to make money. Plus I think she only planned to have 7 books about Harry Potter, seeing as 7 is the most powerful magic number. You see?

message 19: by Kashmira (new)

Kashmira (kaslo) | 12 comments Garrett wrote: "wouldn't have changed a thing, except for a list of everyone one who died in the battle, and how they'd died, and a longer epilogue like a normal chapter"

same here..

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma | 5 comments that is such a cool idea, like a in memory of... thing!!!!!

message 21: by Nicoleta (new)

Nicoleta (blue_snow) | 3 comments Regine wrote: "I loved the ending and wouldn't change much myself. What I would love to see is maybe a book or a series focusing on Snape; his career at Hogwarts as the Half-Blood Prince, his descent into the dar..."

I would like that too.It was a bit disappointing that Snape was in fact a good person after all and there were so many persons treating him badly.

message 22: by Reesha (last edited Jul 09, 2011 11:54AM) (new)

Reesha | 3 comments yeah that was a nice twist to the end of the series. i would like it to end like Harry and Ginny's children get threatened by a dark wizard the same way that Harry was. i would like to see Harry and Ginny's reaction to that... maybe another series bouncing off of that ending of HP7

message 23: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (eeg86) | 3 comments I don't think I would change anything but I didn't like how Harry's father and that gang were so mean to Snape. I did love that Snape saved Harry's life a few times, which just proves he is the bigger person.

message 24: by Laiba (new)

Laiba | 25 comments i love the book so what to change?
But i don't want all the good people to die.
u know what i mean

message 25: by Nudrat (new)

Nudrat | 7 comments I would have everybody live because I would want the series to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and until it just got boring for me. :)

message 26: by Laiba (last edited Jul 20, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

Laiba | 25 comments what are you talking about???????
Harry Potter wold never get old EVER!!!!

message 27: by Shakir (new)

Shakir | 4 comments at the end i put right on the last page....stay tuned for the next book/sequel series! Coming: Summer 2011

message 28: by Candycloud (new)

Candycloud | 143 comments I would change the epilogue. I was so disappointed when I read it! I'd mention Luna (she's awesome) and I would find out what happened to all the death eaters and Dumbledore's Army.

message 29: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi (HPlova-goodreadscom) | 12 comments I would have made it so severus wouldnt have had to die. It killed me to watch. Also Tonks and Fred. I didnt say Lupin because i feel that he was just ment to die that night during the battle. I kinda of liked the ending but yes she could have put more into it. Like more about their friends and what happened to everybody.

message 30: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi (HPlova-goodreadscom) | 12 comments I will try to check it out Ella. I think i saw part of it before but i havent read her biography yet.

message 31: by Wishy (new)

Wishy allison | 6 comments i would keep it going i would of never ended it

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

*gasp*...I'm in the middle of Deathly Hallows for the eighth time and I just realized something, something bad! ok:
when they're in the Malfoy Manor, Ron tells Dobby to go to Shell Cottage, on the outskirts of Tinworth. when they get there, Bill mentions that he is the Secret Keeper for the house; so how could Ron tell Dobby?!?! you can't reveal the location of a place under the Fidelius Charm unless you're the Secret Keeper - Ron couldn't have said the name...could he? or am I confused?

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 57 comments hummmm well maybe not like the exact location if youre not secret keeper but you still can say the general location?

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 06, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

Charlie: hmmm, well, Ron specifically says, "Bill and Fleur's place: Shell Cottage, on the outskirts of Tinworth." so it's not the general location, it's the exact place.

William: Kreacher wasn't the Secret Keeper for Grimmauld Place, Dumbledore was. but maybe you're right, maybe their magic IS different, who knows...but I don't think that could be the whole answer; everyone else in the dungeon was listening when he said it to Dobby, so...?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

:(

message 37: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jun 06, 2012 11:22PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Maria wrote: "*gasp*...I'm in the middle of Deathly Hallows for the eighth time and I just realized something, something bad! ok:
when they're in the Malfoy Manor, Ron tells Dobby to go to Shell Cottage, on the ..."

This where Bill mentions the charm in DH (p. 482 of the American edition):

He looked around and saw Harry standing there. “I’ve been getting them all out of the Burrow,” he explained. “Moved them to Muriel’s. The Death Eaters know Ron’s with you now, they’re bound to target the family—don’t apologize,” he added at the sight of Harry’s expression. “It was always a matter of time, Dad’s been saying so for months. We’re the biggest blood traitor family there is.”

“How are they protected?” asked Harry.

“Fidelius Charm. Dad’s Secret-Keeper. And we’ve done it on this cottage too; I’m Secret-Keeper here. None of us can go to work, but that’s hardly the most important thing now."

This implies that the Fidelius Charm is placed on the cottage after the trio and the others arrive. The extra measures used to protect the Weasley family are only put in place because the Death Eaters know that Ron is with Harry after the events at Malfoy Manor. Otherwise Ron would not have been able to speak the name of the place. Dobby's magic doesn’t matter in this situation, I think. The Fidelius charm prevents anyone who is not a Secret-Keeper from divulging a location. The power of a potential recipient of the information concerning the location is irrelevant.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

*phew*...thanks, it all makes sense now, I forgot about that before. :)

message 39: by La Niña (new)

La Niña | 14 comments Same ending but with Fred, Remus, and Tonks alive.

message 40: by kirstin ✿ (new)

kirstin ✿ (shoutohdoroki) I wouldn't change a thing. The ending was perfect. But, I think I would have Tonks and Remus alive.

message 41: by l (last edited Sep 22, 2012 02:31AM) (new)

l | 144 comments I loved the ending. It really summed everything up well. Fred and Dobby should have lived though. Maybe Sirius too.

message 42: by Tony (new)

Tony | 1 comments i think Harry potter shouldve died epicly with lord voldemort

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments I really don't know. Obviously Voldemort would still die, but the hard question for me is whether I would bring the dead people back.
I mean, I literally weep every time Snape dies and I see his memories, but how would Harry have known what to do if Snape hadn't died? I think I would definitely bring Remus and Tonks back, and maybe Fred, I don't know.
I guess, if it could all work out plausibly and still end up with Harry knowing what Snape did for him, and still killing Voldemort, then if I could plausibly bring Snape back I would. But it was all tied up so well, and I guess I kind of like to be sad for Snape (someone should be) if that makes sense, so maybe the story is just best left well enough alone.