Outhouse of Uncool discussion

Is This Group Still Uncool?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sherri--that was incredibly uncool!!! I loved it. I've noticed the ebb and flow of online groups, too. I'm more of a --poke my head in occasionally and see what's going on--kind of person. You are so spot on in your comments, though. The Outhouse was once a pretty active group, but no on has been in the "shitter" for a while now. Thanks for stirring the pot.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Uh oh, for the last month or so I've been totally reactive, poking my head in various groups, wandering about, still spending as much time on the computer, but not posting so much! I think it's because I've got alot on my mind, having been diagnosed with MS about a month ago.

As for your last question, Sherri, it depends how long the thread is. If it's massive, I'll peruse the last couple of pages to try to catch onto the latest tagent. If it's just 2 pages or so (with about 50 posts on a page) I'll read it all.

But I have noticed that sometimes I'll wait to read those or the massive threads for later, when I think I'll have more time, and by then the posts have accumulated so much it becomes a bit overwhelming!

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Sherri that would be great, please introduce me to her!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sherri--I'm usually completely intimidated by the long, massive threads, so I skim a bit then usually give up. Though sometimes I do start near the end. But then I always wonder--did someone already say what I'm about the say? My uncoolness is coming through again!!!

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori We've just moved on over to True North. The air is fresher there than in an out house!

Jackie "the Librarian" Oh, I'm still plenty uncool, Sherri, so uncool I can't come up with anything witty to say right now. I have group fatigue...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still uncool!!!

message 8: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Doughton | 8 comments I was cool.
Now I'm uncool
But isn't uncool the new cool?
Which puts me back at cool... which is really uncool...

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori I'm not cool, but I am groovy.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Autumn--you're a poet!

Lori "Ammo Canal", you certainly look groovy.

Maybe we should have a "I'm so uncool contest."

I'm so uncool that cool teenagers can immediately sense my uncoolness and guess I wasn't cool back in high school.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I came down with a MAJOR case of group fatigue, Jacks, which is why I don't belong to many anymore! I get SO much more done in my real life, it's astonishing. I've done 5 loads of laundry today and read 100 pages of my book!

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori Sarah, dahlin, I've been wondering where you've been! Sometimes a break is so healthy.

Jackie "the Librarian" That's a heck of a lot of laundry, Sarah! Yeah, I noticed you haven't been around much lately.

Missed you! But, yeah, the real world needs time, too.

message 14: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas I'm so uncool that I haven't been posting ANYWHERE at all... or does that make me cooler since I suddenly have things to do in real life?

Jackie "the Librarian" Cooler, but we miss you, Clackamas. You, and your avatar - where did it go?

message 16: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Doin' stuff is uncool.