Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > If you had the choice to live in Harry's world (at Harry's time) , would you?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Amy Marie (amy_marie97) | 26 comments If you could jump into Harry's world at the moment that the first book began, would you? Who would you be? How old would you be? Would you be in England, or in Belgium? Would you know Harry, or would you never hear of him? Would you be on Order's side, or a Death Eater? For either side, what skills could you offer?
And if you had the choice to leave, would you?

message 2: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Amy Marie (amy_marie97) | 26 comments Personally, I would jump in right away. I would be a year older than Harry. Hogwarts would be my school. I would be in Gryffindor, but because I'm a year ahead of Harry, I (obviously) would not share any classes with him. I would most certainly (because I'm that kind of 'be friends with everybody' become at least partial friends with the trio. I would be better friends with Angela and Katie. And I would join the DA, and help out with the sneaking about. (wow, that rhymed) My masterful transfiguration powers would come in use to eavesdropping on Umbridge (turn one of her teacups into a microphone, ect...)

I would be very 'pro-Order' and make an effort to do everything possible to help the cause. After I graduate (a year before Harry's final stand) I would use my skills with magical creatures to help gain centaur peace and use specific creatures as spies and such. I would return to Hogwart's for the final stand, and survive - barely.

And would I leave? No flippin way.
=)

message 3: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments Great topic! I would definitely jump into Harry's world if I could. I think I'd be one of the older students at Hogwarts and live in Ravenclaw. I would be about 2 years ahead of Harry and definitely know of him. My parents would have been acquaintances with James and Lily and would have made me promise to keep an eye on Harry when he arrived at school.

I think I would be very talented with charms and occlumancy, and have a special gift for the various strange creatures of the forest on Hogwarts property (like the unicorns and centaurs). I would have joined the Darks Arts club that Harry formed, but that would be my last year at Hogwarts. Once leaving Hogwarts, I would try to maintain contact with Hermione so I could provide her with any information I came across about Voldemort. I'd definitely be pro-Order.

When the battle comes in book 7, I think I would do whatever I could to ensure that Harry, Hermione and Ron were protected from Voldemort's group as well and get information about them to the underground radio broadcasts. During the actual battle, I'd use my powers to change into some sort of stealth-like creature to break through the Death-eaters and strike many of them down. I would survive the battle and help care for the injured, as well as say blessings over the dead.

I would be Headmaster of Hogwarts by the time Harry's children are in attendance. I'd swear an oath to uphold the teachings and guidance of past headmasters, especially Dumbledore.

I would never leave, whether I had a choice or not! I'd stomp my feet and have a temper tantrum if someone tried to make me leave!

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) On ticket please for the wizarding world please..lol. I would love to live in a Harry's world. I would become a teacher or headmaster of hogwarts and would love my job. I would live in Godric's Hollow.

message 5: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments I would jump in right now if I could. I'd be in Ravenclaw, but be out of Hogwarts by Harry's fourt year and working in the Order. I'd live in England, but be out of the country most of the time recruiting others. I'd specialize in Defense Againast the Dark Arts and Transfiguration.

During book 7, I would be on the underground wizard radio broadcasts and during the actual battle I would be fighing at Hogwarts, to the best of my abilites.

After that I'd be a teacher at Hogwarts in Transfiguration for a few years and then stay in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

AndI would never leave, even if forced I would fight.

message 6: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments uh, yes. definitely.

message 7: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yes! yes! yes! i'd be in gryffindor in harry's age and class. i'd be like the luna of gryffindor and will be hanging out with hermione, ron and harry but i'll be rooting for ron and harry's adventures, 3 against 1. (i just love to be in their adventures!) this way, harry won't feel torn everytime ron and hermione spat at each other coz i'll keep him company till the two drain out their arguments or i'll be helping out harry make the two of them talk to each other again. hahahaha!

i would never ever leave!!!!!

message 8: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I would die to be in Harry's world! I'd be in Gryfinndor, but I'd be a year younger. I'd be Ginny's best friend and I'd get to hang out at the Weasley's. But I'd want Harry to fall for me not Ginny. When I'd grow up I'd be an unspeakable or I'd work with Fred and George.

I'd NEVER NEVER leave!

message 9: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Rachel (rachelbrandt) | 7 comments I would love to live in Harry's world. Not as Harry but it seems like a time where eventually everyone's true colors are forced to shine and I think that is a good thing.