What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Visitors
This topic is about The Visitors
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci Fi Alien Gifts [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ScottK (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

ScottK | 28 comments All I really remember about this book is that aliens came to earth and started giving people funny shaped cars and building houses for them but it was really just a cover for them taking over the world. The cover of the book had a huge black box like thing hovering over a wheat field. Any thoughts?

message 2: by Vanessa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Vanessa | 15 comments Was it "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clark?

message 3: by ScottK (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

ScottK | 28 comments No not that one thanks though ...I distinctly remember the cover as a wheat field with a big black block hovering above it , just can't get the name .

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (smackley) | 75 comments if the topic says solved im wondering why its in the unsovled folder?

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Stephanie, And I'm wondering why the topic says solved. Maybe Scott found it and changed it but didn't change the folder & didn't let us know.

I wait to move threads to their appropriate solved folders until the original posters confirm in their threads that they've found the correct book.

If I can pm Scott I'll do so, including a link to this thread.

Thanks for noticing Stephanie!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments I've messaged Scott. Thank you, Stephanie!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Scott says he found his book so I'll move the thread. Thanks for alert, Stephanie.

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments So was it The Visitors? Or something else? My curiosity has been piqued. :)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Nikki wrote: "So was it The Visitors? Or something else? My curiosity has been piqued. :)"

Sorry, Nikki, He didn't say. You could always send him a link to this thread and ask him. He has a public profile, replied to me promptly, and seemed nice. I should have asked and posted, I suppose.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Visitors (other topics)