Dragonlance discussion

Your first DL book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Matthew (rodgers) | 21 comments Mod
What was your first DL book and when?

Mine was Dragons of Autumn Twilight in the late eighties and I've read all the Weiss/Hickman DL since, plus some.

message 2: by Christina Stind (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Christina Stind | 7 comments Ditto.
The official starting book for the world and I was hooked. Read it some ten years ago and have read all the other Weiss-Hickman novels and many of the other novels.

message 3: by Sean (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:18PM) (new)

Sean Little (seanpatricklittle) I was given the Chronicles set for Christmas when I was in second grade. (Early 80's.) Loved 'em...

message 4: by khrome (new)

khrome | 9 comments I started in the 80's as well, with Chronicles, Legends, Tales, Heroes, and Preludes. I stopped there - what really made the first 6 books was the team of Weis and Hickman. I didn't really like the other authors. I re-read the first 6 books many times since then. Just this year I picked up Raistlin's Chronicles and I like it so far!

message 5: by khrome (new)

khrome | 9 comments OH you know what I just remembered - my very first Dragonlance book was the atlas by Karyn Wynn Fonstadt! I remember looking at it and thinking wow - this person has quite an imagination! And I just love maps (I think I'm a kender at heart.) So I bought it, and as I was reading it I realized that it was referreing to the Dragonlance series. That is how I got into it.

message 6: by Dov (last edited May 27, 2008 09:07AM) (new)

Dov | 15 comments My First was also Autumn, But i wasn't hooked until I read Brothers in Arms and Soulfourge. ever since read, at least Soulfourge, i have been on a crusade to find any author that gives such 'life' to magic. after this book Raistlin is and will always be my favorite char.

message 7: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 4 comments Dragons of Autumn Twilight...probably in 7th or 8th grade (mid-1990's). Moved on to the rest of the Chronicles and any other DL books that my library had.

message 8: by James (new)

James | 1 comments Dragons of Autumn Twilight just about a year ago in the summer before my freshman year.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (rodgers) | 21 comments Mod
Awesome, James! What book are you on now?
Hope you have made it through Chronicles and Legends!