The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Going about it backwards :P

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari (new)

Ari (aricl) | 54 comments Hi guys!

I joined this group some days ago and delved straight into other threads, without stopping to introduce myself :P

So, here I am. I am an avid reader and cryptogram and jigsaw-puzzles freak with an extremely short attention span that can only be curbed when dedicating myself to either of the aforementioned hobbies or my other passion (and livelihood): translation.

I also have a tendency to blabber... both in person and in writing. My apologies beforehand and don't hesitate to ***smack me*** if I go overboard :P

Anyhow, that's pretty much it. Greetings all from Chile! :)

Andrea

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurita) Hello, Andrea.

How lovely to have a translator in our midst. I'll try to hide my jealousy.

Welcome!

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Andrea....chatterboxes are welcomed warmly into this group =)

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome!! :)

message 5: by Ari (new)

Ari (aricl) | 54 comments Thank you for your welcome! :)

message 6: by Macy (new)

Macy | 155 comments Welcome from a fellow blabberer and word puzzle freak!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Andrea. You'll fit in! :)

message 8: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Welcome Andrea!!
Anyone like Suduko?

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Love it!! I have not did it for awhile, but last summer I bought a book and finished the whole thing. It can be so challenging... good brain food :)

message 10: by Kataklicik (new)

Kataklicik | 87 comments Hi Andrea! Greetings from Malaysia!

I just can't get into sudoku - it's sad to admit that the whole concept is beyond me, hahaha

Can't get into crossword puzzles either, I'm so scatterbrained!

*Lemme back into my hole, a good book will do...*

message 11: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Welcome to a great group!!

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hey Andrea...welcome to the group!

message 13: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Wow, it's amazing to see just how many countries are represented here... Chile, Malaysia, and I was just looking at Germany, England and Sweden. Very cool.

Welcome Andrea.

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Andrea, Looking forward to blabbering it up with you. Welcome.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Andrea!

And Kellie, I love Sudoku. I used to do it during class all the time, haha!

Abigail (42stitches) | 360 comments Hi! please blab away. You know, I did the same thing when I started looking at groups, I went strait to messaging without saying hello. But no one seems to mind much...so no worries.

I loved sudoku until a friend of mine picked up the "sudoku-murder" book at the train station in Tokyo. I haven't finished a single one of those dam puzzles! I didn't throw the book away, but I have hidden it from myself. So well in fact that I'm not sure where it is right now...I'm gonna go look...

message 17: by Ari (new)

Ari (aricl) | 54 comments Kellie, I have never, ever, played sudoku. The reason is, I don't need a new obsession so I'd rather not risk it :P

Kataklicik, wow, Malaysia! Got any Malaysian (or is it "Malay"????) authors to recommend, in order to expand my horizons? :)

Leppaluoto, I started on jigsaw puzzles as a toddler, just like your daughter, and never stopped. Be prepared to build her a tray for when she starts with puzzles 3000+ pieces or more, unless you want your dining-room table permanently hijacked! Oddly enough, crossword puzzles have never really caught my attention.

And thanks all for encouraging me to keep on babbling. You might come to regret it at some point though :P

Greetings!! :)

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Hi there! I did the same thing; this is my first foray into the noob nook. Not a huge jigsaw-puzzler though I do like Soduko and board games. And I'm a bit of a logic nerd just try to pry me away from my derivations.