MormonReads discussion

Fall books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Baccellia Okay, now that school's back in session, does anyone have any books to recommend? I'm curious what LDS books everyone would like to read. Are there any that are upcoming?

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hheventer) | 9 comments There are always a lot coming out and that I look forward to reading. My favorite authors that have books coming out now or soon are:
Rachel Ann Nunes
Traci Hunter Abramson
Anita Stansfield

It also depends on what genre you're interested in. Even if you don't have a Deseret Book or a Seagull Book close to you, go to their websites and look at their new releases; subscribe to their catalogs.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Baccellia What's the name of the latest Rachel Ann Nunes's book? I really loved her book THE HEARTBEAT AWAY.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hheventer) | 9 comments Her newest is "national" novel called Eyes of a Stranger. Last month the Ariana Trilogy was re-printed in a 3-in-1 book (this was her first published series, and is the foundation for many of her other books).

Heartbeat Away was actually one of my least favorite of hers. There are so many others that are sooo wonderful! I love Winter Fire and the books in that "series" (can also be read as stand alone, as they relate to each other but are not based on each other). And she is an awesome lady, too.

Go to her website www.rachelnunes.com and she has a complete list there, upcoming books, upcoming events, etc.

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 6 comments I saw today that Traci Hunter Abramson's new book, Royal Target, is now listed on Goodreads. I can't wait! She is by far my favorite author.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmbohn) | 71 comments Mod
I'm not a fan of Anita Stansfield or Rachel Ann Nunes (although I like her children's book), but I haven't read Traci Hunter Abramson.

Maybe we could have one fiction and one non-fiction book.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually have "Rachel & Leah" and "Sarah" coming from B&N both by Orson Scott Card. I am excited. My friend read them and loved them.

message 8: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 6 comments I'm not a big fan of Rachel Ann Nunes' adult fiction either. I've only read one book by Anita Stansfield and I admit I never gave her another chance to win me over because I really didn't like it. Traci Hunter Abramson's books are a lot different that Nunes and Stansfield. Maybe it's because she doesn't live in Utah so that gives her writing a fresh spin compared to so many other LDS fiction writers.