Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Splitting combined records

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Brandy | 29 comments Is there a way to split up titles that have been combined into one record? In particular I'm looking at the Best American Non-Required Reading, which has the 2002-2007 volumes all listed as different editions of the 2006. Which means I can't have read 2006 and plan to read 2007, because they come up the same. Help!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

rivka | 41062 comments Mod
Done. While the titles do make it appear that these are multiple editions of the same book, clearly each year's is a completely new volume.

message 3: by Brandy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Brandy | 29 comments Much obliged!

message 4: by Robbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Robbie Bashore There is a similar situation with "The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to our Favorite Family." This has been merged with "The Simpsons Forever! A Complete Guide to our Favorite Family...Continued," and "One Step Beyond Forever: A Complete Guide to our Favorite Family...Continued Yet Again."

message 5: by Rob (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:14PM) (new)

Rob McMonigal | 12 comments It looks like someone cleaned that up for you. I also cleaned up a bit in the Matt Groening section, but there's still more to do if anyone's up for it after the Golden Books thing. I can't do the translations. :(

-Rob

message 6: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 6 comments King Arthur by Rosalind Kerven
has been combined with Aladdin improperly. Can someone fix this? I'd fix it, but I don't know how.

message 7: by an. (new)

an. (anaisraav) | 30 comments Thomas wrote: "King Arthur by Rosalind Kerven
has been combined with Aladdin improperly. Can someone fix this? I'd fix it, but I don't know how. "

Done.

JG (Introverted Reader) | 471 comments Just so you know, you can fix it by going to the combine page. You can either:

Click "separate" after each edition you want to separate

OR

Click on the "separate tool" at the end of the list of the combined editions. That will take you to a screen where you can choose which editions to separate and recombine.

That was probably as clear as mud, wasn't it? :-)