It's the shizKNIT!!! discussion

Patterns for stuffed animals

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm looking for books that have patterns for knitted dolls and animals. Anyone know of any?

message 2: by OssifrageRage (new)

OssifrageRage Pretty sure if you search for the words knit toys or knit dolls on amazon you will find about a million. Was there a certain book you wanted to know if someone liked or a certain type of pattern?

message 3: by OssifrageRage (new)

OssifrageRage Here are some that are on goodreads. I did not check for reviews, but it is a place to start. I crochet my toys so am not familiar with any of these books.

showing 1-20 of 32 results for 'knit toys'' (Goodreads search in 0.15s)
World of Knitted Toys World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
by Kath Dalmeny
avg rating 3.60 — 25 ratings — published 2001

Knitted Toys: 25 Fresh and Fab... Knitted Toys: 25 Fresh and Fabulous Designs (Paperback)
by Zoe Mellor
avg rating 3.73 — 22 ratings — published 2006

Knitted Toys: 21 Easy-to-Knit ... Knitted Toys: 21 Easy-to-Knit Patterns for Irresistible Soft Toys (Hardcover)
by Fiona McTague
avg rating 3.54 — 13 ratings — published 2004

Toy Knits: More Than 30 Irresi... Toy Knits: More Than 30 Irresistible and Easy-to-Knit Patterns (Paperback)
by Debbie Bliss
avg rating 3.91 — 11 ratings — published 1995

Dream Toys: A Collection of Kn... Dream Toys: A Collection of Knit and Crochet Fantastical Toys (Paperback)
by Claire Garland
avg rating 3.78 — 9 ratings — published 2006

Toys to Knit: Dozens of Patter... Toys to Knit: Dozens of Patterns for Heirloom Dolls, Animals, Doll Clothes, and Accessories (Paperback)
by Tracy Chapman
avg rating 3.67 — 9 ratings — published 2006

Nursery Knits: 25 Easy-Knit De... Nursery Knits: 25 Easy-Knit Designs For Clothes, Toys And Decorations (Paperback)
by Zoe Mellor
avg rating 4.00 — 6 ratings — published 2005

The Knitted Teddy Bear: Make Y... The Knitted Teddy Bear: Make Your Own Heirloom Toys with Dozens of Patterns for Unique Clothing and Accessories (Paperback)
by Sandra Polley
avg rating 4.00 — 4 ratings — published 2004

Knitted and Felted Toys: 26 Ea... Knitted and Felted Toys: 26 Easy-to-knit Patterns for Adorable Toys (Paperback)
by Zoe Halstead

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) I finally finished and stuffed (!!) the 'Huggable Hedgehogs' I knitted last summer. SOOOOOOO adorable. This is a FiberTrends pattern by Deb Radtke. I will post a pic on my Rav. project page soon. Highly recommend this pattern, well written. Good for baby boys.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 3 comments I agree with Bear's suggestions--esp the last one!
Can I also suggest the single (loose) pattern: Safari Friends (www.KnittingAtKNoon.com) These little guys are VERY cute once knitted up! (much cuter than the picture online)

message 7: by Kelly H. (Maybedog) (last edited Mar 06, 2009 05:31AM) (new)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) I have knitted a couple of patterns from Zoe Mellor's Knitted Toys 25 Fresh and Fabulous Designs but there were errors in both patterns. If you're an experienced knitter you can figure it out but it would be frustrating for someone who relies heavily on the pattern, I think. I absolutely love Kath Delmeny's World of Knitted Toys I haven't knitted anything from it yet (I just bought it) but it has tons of patterns and lots of variety.

Tracy Chapman's Toys to Knit Dozens of Patterns for Heirloom Dolls, Animals, Doll Clothes, and Accessories is pretty good. I gave it 3 stars, same with Debbie Bliss's Toy Knits More Than 30 Irresistible and Easy-to-Knit Patterns.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments As with all things knitting, Ravelry has a fabulous catalog of knitted toys....cute kitten that's free.