Zorro Zorro discussion

disappointing

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Barbara Sands Ultimately, this is a very silly book. It's not hard to put down, and its conceits are thick as sour cream. Geography is obviously not one of Allende's strong points.

message 2: by i. (new) - rated it 4 stars

i. I didn't like the character of El Zorro until I read this book by Isabel Allende. I think it is one of her funniest and most entertaining ones.I just read it because I like the way she writes and I really enjoyed it. It definitely takes all sorts to make a world.

Sonia Well, i really did like this book

Lorena For me was absolutely boring and desappointing, too

message 5: by Kaj (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kaj Peters I remember vaguely how annoyed I was by the ending. Did she really had to demystify one of my childhood heroes?>_<

Daniel Wetta Sigh! I read this book in Spanish. I love the way Isabel Allende writes, and admire the historical research she does behind the scenes. Zorro's father traveled on business to Monterrey, Mexico. (Monterrey with two r's.) I lived there, so to read this book in Spanish and read her historical treatment of the city was very interesting to me. Allende is incredibly gifted as a writer. Besides her more serious novels, she also wrote a young adult trilogy. Zorro probably was intended for this genre.

Wickedgio I was so intrigued by the story, but did not like Allende's writing at all, perhaps due to the point of view of the narrator. Disappointed, but the setting was really interesting.

Jessica I found that this was a great book to read. Great story line! Some might not like it because it is a different writing style, more formal, and it is translated into English from Spanish. I really enjoy all of her books, and encourage others to read them.

Hillary I almost always love Allende, and this one was good. Middle of the road for her, but quite good. My MIL reads her in the original Spanish, and says none of the translations live up to her lovely style in Spanish. I also encourage people to read her others - Daughter of Fortune is still my fav.

Vincent I liked this title. It contained just enough action to appease my sense of adventure. I also enjoyed the historical research she folded into the thread of the story. "Daughters of Fortune" is next on my list of books to read by Allende.

Brinn Colenda I loved the book! As a writer, I despaired at the wonderful quality of her writing...even in translation! It must be melodious in Spanish! I aspire to her quality.

Jessica Loved this book! One of my favorites of hers!