Own It? Read It! discussion

The Mountain of Books > From the Mountain Top--Talk and Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie (angela_pistun) | 6 comments I'm working through the Omnivore's Dilemma. Very interesting. My friends out here are split between eating vegetarian and eating a hunter/gather (paleo) diet. It's incredible how industrialized our food has become.The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

message 2: by Amanda J (new)

Amanda J (amandasbooks) | 24 comments Angie wrote: "I'm working through the Omnivore's Dilemma. Very interesting. My friends out here are split between eating vegetarian and eating a hunter/gather (paleo) diet. It's incredible how industrialized ..."

Angie,
Let me know what you think of this. We eat a pescatarian diet.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (angela_pistun) | 6 comments I'll keep you posted. There's interesting information out there for each diet.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie (angela_pistun) | 6 comments Did anyone hear yesterday about the scandal around memoirs lately? Apparently people are writing fiction and passing it off as memoir. I was particularly disappointed that Greg Mortenson who wrote Three Cups of Tea is named as being somewhat of a scam.

message 5: by Amanda J (new)

Amanda J (amandasbooks) | 24 comments Angie wrote: "Did anyone hear yesterday about the scandal around memoirs lately? Apparently people are writing fiction and passing it off as memoir. I was particularly disappointed that Greg Mortenson who wrot..."

I heard that Jon Krakauer called Greg Mortenson a liar, but I haven't heard the details...

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian | 32 comments Mod
Amanda J wrote: "Angie wrote: "Did anyone hear yesterday about the scandal around memoirs lately? Apparently people are writing fiction and passing it off as memoir. I was particularly disappointed that Greg Mort..."
It all started with that
A Million Little Piecesguy a few years back. I don't know if you can really write a memoir without some dramatic license at times. The intro to City of Thievestalks about how Benioff's granpa tells him he has to add the parts that make a good book.

message 7: by Amanda J (new)

Amanda J (amandasbooks) | 24 comments WOW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhAb37...
(60 Minutes Special on Mortenson)