Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Confused about dates??

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments Hi, I have only just finished Outlander and begun Dragonfly in Amber tonight, but I'm confused about the timing. In the newspaper clipping Roger found of Claire's return it said it was in 1948, so 'disappeared' for 3 years, but when it came to the part where Outlander finished, Claire is pregnant in Feb 1744, so had only been gone for 1 year... So unless Claire is really an elephant (or maybe this damn series has kept me up one too many nights in a row and I've lost all ability of basic mathematics??) how can she still be pregnant when she returns?

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments or is there a spoiler ahead that I'm not anticipating? (please no spoilers, only perhaps correct me if I seem to be confusing myself unnecessarily) ;)

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (js33) Funny, I'm where you are but have a different question.
I read the series. First book had a bonus section where they go to France. Now I'm on the audio books unabridged and I can't find that part of the story between Outland and Dragonfly. Has anyone else found this or am I missing something.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (js33) Megan - keep reading Dragonfly. All will be clear.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments Hmm, was the French bit beyond the ending in OUtlander in the bath? Because that's where my copy finished, just when she announced to Jamie that she was pregnant... I must say, I was devastated to see where the second book takes off from (and confused - when I picked my copy up from the library this arvo thinking I'd skipped a few books in the series) 100 pages in and already I'm bawling!

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments Thanks Joyce - I thought that might be the case... I'll stop overanalysing things then and just enjoy the journey ;)

message 7: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 107 comments Megan wrote: "Hmm, was the French bit beyond the ending in OUtlander in the bath? Because that's where my copy finished, just when she announced to Jamie that she was pregnant... I must say, I was devastated to ..."

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was shocked to see it's Claire Randall, I was like, "WHAT HAPPENED TO FRASER?" I thought I missed a book too. Dragonfly was heartwrenching.

My favorite is Voyager BUT one can't love the series without loving OUTLANDER just as much.

I'm not reading Echo until next year until the 8th book comes out. Patience is NOT my middle.

message 8: by Mary G. (new)

Mary G. (nonometoo) | 319 comments Just keep reading, DG likes to play with us a bit sometimes.

message 9: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 107 comments Oh I'm not giving up this series. I just have tons of books to catch up since I practically dropped everything else to read the first 6 books in a row. I'll wait for the 8th book to come out before reading the last two back-to-back.