Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > I have Calibre, but now what ?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by marlene (new)

marlene (miao0726) | 2 comments I downloaded and imported my books into Calibre but now i don't quite know where to start or exactly what the best way to organize is.

I imported about 2500 books into the program and i want to organize them all the most efficient way possible.

how do you have yours organized? where to even start ?
why can't everything just use itunes? ;)

message 2: by Pam (new)

Pam | 2 comments Oh boy, I wish I could help. This is on my to do list so I hope there are folks out there with a few suggestions. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Good Luck ;)

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 9 comments If they were imported with tags, you could organize by that... or publisher, or publication date. As I add them I put in tags of genre and that way I can keep them organized. Getting started it is a bit overwhelming, but luckily some come with the metadata already there.

message 4: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) I usually delete the tags because some have about 50 or so. Then I create my own. I also do the series tags so I can look books up that way if I want. Or you can look up via tags or author, etc...

I like the series tags because then in your Nook all the books in a series are together and in order.

message 5: by marlene (new)

marlene (miao0726) | 2 comments i decided to start adding them in clusters rather than all at once. this way i can make sure that all of the tagging information is correct and consistent as i go along. if nothing else this keeps things a little less overwhelming as i go along.

message 6: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Carrie, is there a quick, easy way to delete tags? I find the long lists pretty cumbersome to work with.

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) I just highlight them by hitting them 3 times and they erase when I start typing or backspace. I never keep the tags so I don't bother to look through them. If you have a rooted Nook you see the tags and you can really get a huge annoying list if you don't do that.

message 8: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Carrie (Care) wrote: "I usually delete the tags because some have about 50 or so. Then I create my own. I also do the series tags so I can look books up that way if I want. Or you can look up via tags or author, etc... ..."

... I wish I had realized this was only an option on rooted Nooks. ~sigh~