The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Checking In

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Al (new)

Al (chippiepig) | 4 comments Hey! I'm new. I've been reading a long time and there are still a lot of books to get through. I'm not too picky on genre but probably prefer mystery, detective, sci-fi, adventure, and historical fiction. I also enjoy the occasional non-fiction and horror. I tried to "investigate" the group before joining and it looks like a very good bunch to belong to.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10108 comments Mod
Hi Al, glad to hear we passed your initial inspection! Thanks for joining!!!

message 3: by Al (new)

Al (chippiepig) | 4 comments I joined a couple other groups that were good groups but turned out not to be "comfortable" for me. ie. a younger (than me) bunch, a rowdier (than me) group, a group less about reading than social interaction, etc. This one looks like the Goldilocks Group!! Glad to be here.

message 4: by Krys (new)

Krys *waves* Hey Al! Welcome to the group. I hope you like it here!

message 5: by Clara (new)

Clara | 157 comments Welcome to the group Al.

message 6: by Petra (new)

Petra Hi Al! Welcome!

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome, Al! :) It's an awesome group, hope you feel right at home.

message 8: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 210 comments Hi Al. Welcome to the group :)

message 9: by LindaD (new)

LindaD (freedom333) | 253 comments We are an awesome group! Lots of variety :) Welcome!!

message 10: by Cee (new)

Cee (cee-lakambini) | 39 comments Hi! I'm Cee and this is my first post. I've rediscovered reading when I realized my kids wouldn't bring me their own books to read each time I would be on an ereader instead of having an actual book. I like browsing the recommendations and I am looking forward to "see" you all more.

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 17 comments Hi everyone,
I'm Sara and it's my first post here too,I like to read about every thing and take place in book discussions.I'm glad to be here and pick up new recommendations from anyone of you.

message 12: by LindaD (new)

LindaD (freedom333) | 253 comments So glad your here, Cee and Sara! Welcome :)

message 13: by Cee (new)

Cee (cee-lakambini) | 39 comments Thanks for the welcome, Linda.
Hi Sara, nice to see you here my friend.

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 17 comments Linda wrote: "So glad your here, Cee and Sara! Welcome :)"

Hi Linda, thank you.
Glad to have you here , Cee.