Delirity discussion

Authors I-J > J. James

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Mar 05, 2011 12:17PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
These are all Standalones, but they're incredibly similar so I'm putting them together.

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
Something About You by Julie James A Lot Like Love by Julie James

message 2: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika haha I was about to request a thread for this, because I just finished A Lot Like Love and it was really good. I loved that she matched the dress with the cover again :)

Something about you & A lot like love both take place in the same world with the same characters though,so its weird these are considered standalones.
Also I def. notice a difference between PMP/JTSMA and ALLL/SAY (apart from the workplace). The first two seemed sillier (and iirc they also didn't have any explicit sex scenes?) and she seemed to make more fun of her characters. The books she writes now seem serious with more action and broodiness. Not complaining though, I like both styles

Can't wait for the next book! With Kyle being a Sawyer lookalike I bet its going to be hot

message 3: by Heather (new)

Ya, the first 2 are lawyers, the following two I think are agents, but since I haven't read A Lot Like Love yet, I don't know if they're both FBI or not.

message 4: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Yep both are FBI. The heros from both books work together and are good friends

message 5: by Heather (new)

Are both the girls attorneys?

message 6: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika No, the girl in a lot like love is a billionaire heiress who owns a wine store :)

message 7: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Is Nick the friend that talks about Pride and Prejudice in Something About You?

message 8: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika I don't remember any pride & prejudice talk in Something About You? In Just the sexiest man alive there was talk of pride & prejudice I think (I'm thinking it involved a cab scene?)

message 9: by Jasmine (last edited Mar 06, 2011 07:47AM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ahh, I have no idea. I think I read these books a little to fast and forgot some details.

So who's Nick then?

message 10: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Another FBI agent :) I did a quick search on his name in Something About You (thank god for ebooks and the search option) and he never comes up, so he is a new character, despite him being friends/working together with the guy from Something About You

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Ooh, okay. :)