The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > New guy check in

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Al (new)

Al (chippiepig) | 2 comments I'm a retired military guy. Avid reader. Mysteries, detective stories, adventure, sci-fi (not so much fantasy), select non-fiction, historical fiction, an occasional biographic.
I'm about 2/3 through Cornwell's Sharpe's series; Hornblower was used up years ago. I also like his historical fiction. Robert B. Parker, Lee Child, David Weber, Jim Butcher, Orson Scot Card, Simon Scarrow, Steve Berry, Steven Pressfield are a few favorites. Branching out recently, I've read Devil and the White City, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Shanghai Girls, Half-Broke Horses, Guernsey...Potato..., Magnificent Ambersons, The Road, and lots more.
I'm always on the lookout for new authors and good reads.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 181 comments Welcome Al!

And I want to say thank you for your service!

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Glad you found us Al. I am sure you will find lots of good suggestions for great reads here.

message 4: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Hi Al....."Shanghai Girls" caught my eye - that's probably the least favorite of the Lisa See books from my perspective.....I thought "Snow Flower" and "Peony" were much better....If you didn't like Shanghai, try one of the others and see if you like it better....

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Adair (markadairauthor) | 8 comments Hi Al. Welcome. I'm about half through Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I enjoy Lee Child as well.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Al...from an former Marine, take a look at my terrorists vs. insurance company, at www.terminalpolicy.com...Liam

message 7: by stan (new)

stan (stanthewiseman) | 141 comments Hi Al
Welcome You Likes what I likes Have you tried any Stephen Leather??

message 8: by Al (new)

Al (chippiepig) | 2 comments I will check it out! Thanks.

message 9: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Al.