Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Scalzi Help

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Someone accidentally combined most of John Scalzi's books into a single work. I'm going to try to start separating them, but will probably not finish so others may want to take a look.

It's not clear who did it, but it might have been Scalzi himself, who was apparently was doing some combining about 10 hours ago :-)

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Well, I think I got most of them, but if someone could check the Russian and Japanese books mixed in with "Old Man's War" that would help.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 158 comments I think I got them, Michael. I also cleaned up the series pages.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Oh, I didn't even think to go deal with the series pages. Does anyone know what happens when you combine books with different series? What happens when you separate? Must be a complete mess.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 158 comments He only had two serieses, and they were both intact. But some of the books had fallen off with the combine and re-separation. Wasn't too much trouble, luckily.

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nkmeyers) | 40 comments It think there is also a third series he contributes to:
Unle John's Presents

Don't know if contributor role stuff is supposed to show up on Author profile anyway? I think he is the sole author of some books in the series, but the series itself has many authors and some volumes have many contributors.

Chris wrote: "He only had two serieses, and they were both intact. But some of the books had fallen off with the combine and re-separation. Wasn't too much trouble, luckily."

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Series with multiple contributors don't show on any authors' series listing. It's known bug. :(