Irish Readers discussion

MONTHLY GROUP READS > Where will you be in 20 years? "One Day" inspired thread.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Kelly (nedkelly) Hey Guys,

Just thought it might be interesting to start a thread about our thoughts on where we'll be in 20 years? Just like the conversation at the start of the book.

I'll go first so:

I'll be 47, gray haired (I'm almost there now!) and hopefully not too overweight.

My little (as yet unborn) baby boy will be 19 going on 20, and probably much taller then me. He'll be in 2nd or 3rd level college, or if he follows in his dads foot steps, a caution to the wind musician, travelling Europe with his band. I'll hopefully have other children too. They'll be teenagers, and driving me insane on a daily basis.

I'll still be teaching and conducting the small town band that I'm involved with, but the kids will have all moved on and it'll be a new bunch of faces that i'll be looking down at.

With the kids getting a little older, my wife and I will hopefully be able to have a few nights to ourselves and be able to go for dinner and enjoy life.

Ok...maybe a little idyllic, but it's what i'm hoping for!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (taytothief) I'll be on the front lines, fighting the resistance against Chinese occupation...

Seriously though I'll only be 45 so I'd just like to have a decent abode, cupla little'uns maybe and a comfortable income...:p And of course my gaff WILL have a library.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 29 comments Great idea, Keith! Let's see... I'll be 42, so hopefully I'll be married and have 4 kids (2 biological and 2 adopted), and my little band and I will be living in my family home, which will have been in my family for 128 years at that point. I'll have my own little office space at home with wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling books and a big desk with a comfy chair and a great view of the pastures. I'll have a career that makes me feel confident and fulfilled (as yet undecided on what it will be!), and a garden where I can go hide when I just want to enjoy nature and a small petting zoo for my kids (but really for me). My parents will be living happily in their dream home on the back part of the family property, so they'll be close enough to spend time together and far enough away not to be too overbearing.

Of course, by then, I also hope to have visited Ireland at least once, at which point I fully expect all of you to join me for the most thrilling party ever thrown by bookworms! ;)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Caffrey | 45 comments Hey Great Idea Keith sorry have been swamped in work last week or so, so have been struggling to keep up lol. Hello Annie : )

In 20 years..... I'll be 50 since I'm already divorced not sure if I will have a second husband but I hope to be happily living with a good man, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 1 cat. In a big house by the sea on the west coast of Ireland. Living my dream of been a successful author of fantasy books with a slightly Irish twist. I hope to spend my days writing reading and going for long walks on the beach especially in the rain and coming home to a big bowl a stew while sitting by the fire listening to the rain on the window. My family and friends always call by and we all sit around reminiscing about the good old days looking through the old photos laughing about old holidays and bad haircuts and even worse boyfriends ha ha..... Ah bliss