Boomers and Books discussion

Things We've Learned

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Sinclair | 14 comments Have we learned anything worth sharing? (I hope so.) Perhaps there's something we wish we had discovered much earlier in life. But to be honest, as soon as I thought of this topic, my mind went blank. So apparently, one thing I haven't learned is how to ask a question in a way that inspires profound thoughts. Heck, at this point, I'll take any old bit of advice that's marginally useful to at least one person somewhere in the universe.

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Harris (ruthharris) | 4 comments I'm sure I've learned lots of things. Problem is, I can't remember any of them. lol

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Sinclair | 14 comments Yes, if only we could learn how to remember the important stuff.

Here's something ironic - I've learned that almost everything I learned as a child isn't true. Either it never was true or it's not true any more.

message 4: by Nell (new)

Nell Gavin (nellgavin) | 2 comments Here's something that I learned as a child. Thunder is the sound clouds make when they bump into each other. I swear my mother told me that. Why, oh why would she have done that? Sadly, I believed her for years.

Though I also believed people who told me I had scary big muscles when I was five years old.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Nachlinger | 4 comments Sometime in the past few years, I learned to quit doing things that I don't enjoy. Sure, there are times when I have to do something unpleasant (can't be avoided), but when I have a choice, I've learned to say "no." I always get that sigh-of-relief feeling afterwards, a sure sign that I've made the right decision.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee | 5 comments I've learned that it's okay to let friendshipas lapse. I still have my best friend from the fifth grade, but those high-maintenence women that I clung to are gone. I have to work hard at so many things, I can't justify working hard at having fun.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 21 comments Mod
I posted a blog on our Boomers and Books group blogsite, where I discuss Baby Boomers and Health.

Check it out: http://boomersandbooks.wordpress.com/...