Book Bloggers Anonymous discussion

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stella (last edited Mar 01, 2011 04:15AM) (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 93 comments Mod
***This topic is the place to discuss the characters of the novel. Be it Maddox, Ashlyn, McIntosh or any other Lord, please feel free to discuss it here. Please be aware that there may be spoilers here! PLEASE if you're discussing events taking place in later books write SPOILER before so those who don't want can avoid them. Thank you!***

message 2: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne (strange_candy) | 14 comments Mod
I really loved Maddox in the beginning, but now I love Strider. And I mean, who doesn't love Paris? I know nearly everyone is waiting for his story.

message 3: by Stella (new)

Yep, I heard everyone is exciting to know his story will be the next told! :-D

Also, who did you like more: Ashlyn or Danika (even though she was just marginally portrayed)?

I have to confess I am interested in reading DAnika's story, loved how fierce and feisty she was, and I bet there will be plenty of steamy and cheuckling out loud scenes with her and Reyes ;-D

TheGeekyBlogger I am looking forward to the Reyes and Danika story because she is no shrinking violet--that one is going to be fun (I think)

I can't wait for Paris story because he was just so Rico Suave LOL

message 5: by Stella (new)

LOL! :-D And it must have been such a challenge for Gena to write Paris' story and make the readre believe why Paris' heroine is different from all the other women ha has seduced. Can't wait to see how she will resolve that story! :-)

message 6: by Jo-Anne (new)

Danika & Reyes's book is also great. You really feel for him. I'm not sure which female I like more, they're both strong women. I've read all the books and I'll say the decision doesn't get any easier. lol

TheGeekyBlogger Well fantastic---LOL Actually I feel the same way about Lara Adrian's series--I can't really pick a favorite couple (Oh I can pick a favorite character) but not couple. That bodes well for this series then because I like it when I want to root for them all :)

message 8: by Jo-Anne (new)

I'm the same with the Midnight Breed, Black Dagger Brotherhood, Dark Hunters, Immortals After Dark, lol. There's a lot to choose from and it's so hard.

message 9: by Stella (new)

I agree, a powerful and gripping start to a series, and LOL Felicia, I'm with you at the hunna hubba! I just melted at how fierce and violent Maddox is and how gentle and protective he became whenever Ashlyn was concerned! And kudos to Gena Showalter, because she made the transformation of Maddox so natural and smooth, it didn't feel forced or rushed at all. Don't you agree? And Ashyln is the perfectwoman for him, with her innocence and sweetness.

message 10: by TheGeekyBlogger (new)

TheGeekyBlogger Yeah I felt as if Gena did a good job of bringing the man out above the beast in a way that did not seem forced. Even the beasts acceptance of Ashlyn was done in a very good way. It felt natural and most of that has to do with the other "brothers" reactions to her because outside of Reyes none of them had been touched by a women in that way (and Reyes is still in denial LOL). It made it more authentic :)

message 11: by Stella (new)

I agree! I especially loved the gradual and very nuanced, subtle acceptance of the demon inside Maddox and how he grew attached to Ashlyn. :-)

(ps. can't wait to read Reyes book, I'm sure we'll be in for some very funny scenes thanks to his cluelessness :-D lol)

message 12: by TheGeekyBlogger (new)

TheGeekyBlogger I am doing the LOTR reading challenge this year and book 2 is on my agenda this month :) Which means Reyes is next month---I am so looking forward to that one.

I am excited about Lucien and Anya book though! Mostly because Anya cracked me up in this one--she was just a flurry of rebelliousness. I think her part of the story will be just as mysterious as Lucien (if not more)

message 13: by Stella (new)

I agree, Anya was a wonderful character (she reminded me so much of the valkyries in Kresley Cole's Immortals after Dark series), she cracked me up. I love this modern take on ancient mythological creatures, how hip they talk, the slang they use, that cracks me up :-D

I can't see how Lucien and Anya will fit (since they didn't have any scene so far) but I definitely want to see more of Anya :-)

message 14: by Jo-Anne (new)

Anya is awesome! I really loved her. She is strong, independent and crazy. Lucien and her together made the book so entertaining.

message 15: by Stella (new)

I never would have thought Lucien would be paired off with Anya, but now I'm curious to read their story! :-)

message 16: by Stella (new)

At first I found it a bit weird that these powerful and brave warriors had butterfly tattoos, but thanks to the gorgeous covers and Gena's description I got to see that the butterfly could be really something else than a teenage girl tattoo choice. ;-p

message 17: by TheGeekyBlogger (new)

TheGeekyBlogger LOL True! I love her covers--just enough to give you a tease of what they can look like (but still leaving enough to your imagination)

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 80 comments Mod
Paris!! We still have to wait another year for his story :-(

Stella wrote: "LOL! :-D And it must have been such a challenge for Gena to write Paris' story and make the readre believe why Paris' heroine is different from all the other women ha has seduced. Can't wait to see..."

message 19: by Texas Book Lover (new)

Texas Book Lover (texasbooklover) | 2 comments I fell in love with this series from the very beginning! The characters are all fantastic. I am really looking forward to Amun's story. Something about him knowing everyones intermost secrets and not being able to interact with those closest to him for fear of spilling those secrets and possibly ruining those lives!

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

I'm a little unsure about Amun's book. I don't really care one way or the other about him but then I wasn't sure I'd like Gideon's book and I ended up liking that one. We'll see.

Stephanie G

message 21: by Laura Ferrari (new)

Laura Ferrari | 6 comments Even though I love all the Buda warriors, I have to say that the one who captiveted me the most since the beginning is Torin: I mean, how gorgeous is he? And he's so heartbreaking!
Paris quickly follows, and Maddox too..and Lucien also :-) whatever! each one of them follows!!

The only complaint I have about this book is not being long enough! I remember finishing it and thinking "what? no more? nooo!!!"

@Stephanie: I know what you mean about Amun: I'm not so impatient about his book too :-) but then I wasn't so excited about Sabin and Gideon also, and I LOVE them now :-)

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments I think everybody loves Paris - same here. But my heart beats for Maddox - and Reyes, yes. When i finished the first book wanted more - and more more more. Now i'm addicted, lol. But really: I HATE the hunters! I also hate Cronus.
Can't wait to read the other books - till now i've only read 1-4 *sigh*. 5 and 6 will be released in my country by end of this year...

message 23: by Laura Ferrari (new)

Laura Ferrari | 6 comments Hallo Sandra, wie geht's dir? ;-)
What do you think about Sienna? Except of course "Paris, sweety, come on, snap out of it: I'm your girl!"

message 24: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Sienna?? Hm... I don't like her a lot... she has tortured Paris and i wanted to kill her. But i'd like to know her role in the future (read a spoiler at Gena's fanpage, couldn't believe it and searched the scene in "The darkest passion"... and HAD to believe *sigh*) - but i hope, yes HOPE (omg again hope...), Gena will find another heroine for Paris - a better one. A woman who loves Paris with every single cell.
Aber mir geht's ganz gut, Laura - und selbst? ;)

message 25: by Laura Ferrari (new)

Laura Ferrari | 6 comments Ganz gut auch :-)

You know, I'm in the minority who hopes Sienna will be his HEA :-) during one twitter chat with Gena, she said she wrote two manuscripts for Paris and now it's up to the editor deciding which lady is better suited for him.
But I keep hoping for Sienna :-)
I mean, it would be awesome if the most gorgeous lord were to be paired with a plain but smart woman. Just for a change I'd like to read about a normal woman I can identify myself with :-) even though I LOVE Anya

message 26: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Do you read the books in german or english?
I couldn't wait for "The darkest passion", so i bought the book (and "the darkest lie") in english but started again from the beginning. Will now read "The darkest whisper" - i like Sabin and Gwen :D Anya is... dunno the word in english (zappelig, sprunghaft)... okay she's crazy ^^ naughty woman, haha.

message 27: by Laura Ferrari (new)

Laura Ferrari | 6 comments In english :-) I've bought the Darkest Night in german because I needed to learn the language really fast (I'm italian and I've moved to Freiburg for my Erasmus in october with little knowledge of german) and I thought this was the best way :-)
but the covers here are just awesome!!

message 28: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Yes, the german covers are okay... but i prefer the original - did you just take a look to the cover of "The darkest surrender"??? It's AWESOME! I think it'll be difficult for me to read "The darkest lie" in english - my english is not the best and some words i still don't understand ^^ But learning by doing, hm? There are so many Gena-books i want to read - and less of them are translated. The next one will be "Intertwined" in july (i've just ordered).

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments Jo-Anne wrote: "I really loved Maddox in the beginning, but now I love Strider. And I mean, who doesn't love Paris? I know nearly everyone is waiting for his story."

I have a hard time choosing between Strider and Torn as my all time top fave. Strider won me over the moment he started making fun of Lucien when he was chained to the bed, and yet everytime Torin is in one of the books he steals a bit more of my heart.
My heart breaks for him :'(

message 30: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Wasn't that funny? :D The funny little photosession with Lucien, hahaha. I'm still smiling when i'm thinking about it, lol. Can't wait for Strider's book this october *sigh*.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments Sandra wrote: "Wasn't that funny? :D The funny little photosession with Lucien, hahaha. I'm still smiling when i'm thinking about it, lol. Can't wait for Strider's book this october *sigh*."

It really was! Gotta love Anya for playing her role in that! She's still my fave LOTU heroine to date!

I know!!! I'm soooo excited! And just in time for my birthday too. Best present i could ask for. I'm just shocked that he's gonna fall for Kaia. Never saw that coming, that's for sure!

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Lucky one :( My birthday is in march... and the books are coming out every 6 months here in Germany (okay this year we have to wait longer for Aerons book, normally it would be july) - next time in October, then in December

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments Damn, that sucks! I feel sorry for you. I bought all 6 last year from the Book Depository and they only cost me $8 each.
I'm guessing you need to have them translated though.....

message 34: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Yes i need them translated to understand everything. But couldn't wait and bought book 5 and 6 this month via amazon.de in english (for 8€ - "The darkest secret" will cost 9,95€ *sigh*). Today i'll finish (again) book 4 and will start with Aerons story. Can't wait. When "The darkest Passion" comes out in september/october in my language, i'll get it and read it again to understand the story correctly, lol. Complicated... but i love the original covers - they're soooo hot. Atm i don't love Aeron that much... but maybe it'll change soon. Who knows.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments See it's a real shame you can't get the in English. At the book depository, they're 4.43€ (i checked, lol)
Aeron's story is actually really good. Or I think anyway. I lot happens and comes to light that will effect future books.

I've got them in the original covers--they really are awesome!
But then again, I seem to adore all of Gena's covers. Have you read any of Gena's other books??

I actually didn't feel anything for Aeron until his book. I didn't dislike him, but there was nothing that stood out in him for me. During his book though i began to love him =)

message 36: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (midna) | 17 comments Yes i guess i'll love him after this book... cause i did a big misstake - read a spoiler and had to check the end of the book *sigh*. That made me cry...

No, i didn't read other books, unfortunately :( The Lords are a premiere for me. In july they'll release "Intertwened" in Germany (that's the reason why "The darkest passion" will be released in September instead of july). I'll buy it, of course. And i hope they'll release other books.

Got a friend at Gena's fanpage from Canada. She wanted to send the new book to me, and i'm thinking about it. But dunno anything 'bout the shipment costs.

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

I know he's not an official Lord but I can't wait for William's book. He cracks me up. Did anyone read the interviews he did with the Lords at the end of Into The Dark? It took me longer than it should have to get through because I kept laughing.

Stephanie G

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments Sandra wrote: "Yes i guess i'll love him after this book... cause i did a big misstake - read a spoiler and had to check the end of the book *sigh*. That made me cry...

No, i didn't read other books, unfortunate..."

You probably will! His was a bit sad. I admit that i wasn't expecting what happened in it. You should love it though =)

I've read Intertwined and it's sequel (both are excellent) and I can't wait for the 3rd book! Intertwined was actually the first Gena Showalter book i ever read and once i finished it i had to find more of her books.
I really hope they release more of her books in Germany. They're all so fabulous and you deserve the chance to read them!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (rachybee) | 6 comments Paranormal wrote: "I know he's not an official Lord but I can't wait for William's book. He cracks me up. Did anyone read the interviews he did with the Lords at the end of Into The Dark? It took me longer than it..."

OMG! Yes! I actually bought Into The Dark cos I was dying to read the Atlantis novella, The Amazon's curse, but i ended up reading the rest of the book anyway. At that point I planned to read LOTU, but it was the interviews with William that actually made me race out and buy the series. I read it again a second time after I'd read all the books and just love it more cos i then knew the characters.
I laughed so hard reading that book!

I'm looking forward to Williams book too! I really want him to be with Gilly. I know they have an age difference, but i think it's really sweet how he acts towards her and i'd love to see things deepen between them. It'd be so cute!