Gigi's Company discussion

Group Reads Discussions > March '11 BotM: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please post comments and discussion here for the March '11 Book of the Month:

Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1) by Megan McCafferty Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, Book 1) Megan McCafferty

(Selected by Windy, Bethany, Kristie, Karen)

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments I started this book yesterday. I'm having a hard time with the teenage attitude and over reaction. I couldn't stand it when I was in High School which makes me not a big fan reading it. Hope it gets better.

message 3: by Kristie (last edited Mar 17, 2011 04:06PM) (new)

Kristie | 166 comments Jessica Darling is having a bad year. Her best friend just moved to a different state. Her mom only seems to focus on her sisters wedding. Her dad only talks to her about her running. Her "friends" are people she can't stand. She afraid of being alone so she tolerates them and says nothing about their stupid ways – because you know, she’s perfect. *Eye Roll* Yada yada yada yada.

I hated everything about this book. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was the end of the book. Not the ending, that sucked as well, but the last 40 pages or so finally got my attention. I couldn't stand Jessica. She is rude, stuck on herself, pessimistic and someone I would have ignored in school myself. She finds the negative in everything and doesn't know how to be around other people - she awkward. For someone who’s supposed to be really smart she was pretty dumb in my opinion. I also couldn't stand the way the first half of the book was about NOTHING. Nothing happened. Not a single thing. The second half of the book picked up but I could tell that the Author is a writer for a teenage magazine because she made list and charts about everything and anything. The thing that really annoyed me was the ending. The story FINALLY started to pick up and then it ended. I wanted to throw this book across the room and scream. Not for me nor is the other books in the series. I just don’t care.