Love Or Leave It: A Book Club for Authors, Readers & Giveaways discussion

Authors That Need to Be More Famous

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EZRead (new)

EZRead eBookstore | 58 comments Mod
What do you guys think? I'd say Shirley Jackson and Jason McIntyre!

-Jenifer

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (victoriakahler) Alan Brennert!

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 1 comments so so many to mention!!!!

message 4: by EZRead (new)

I thought of some more. I would love everyone to read some Kelly Link! :) She is so incredible!

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve Lowe (steve_lowe) | 1 comments Jason McIntyre is aces in my book.

message 6: by EZRead (new)

Steve wrote: "Jason McIntyre is aces in my book."

I SO agree. And he's a genuine guy, too. He works hard to build up his fan base, and does a great job!

message 7: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 1 comments China Mieville and Will Christopher Baer...cult fanbase authors who are top notch, at least in my opinion. :-)

message 8: by EZRead (new)

Danielle wrote: "China Mieville and Will Christopher Baer...cult fanbase authors who are top notch, at least in my opinion. :-)"

I've read "Kraken" by Mieville, but will have to check out Will Christopher Baer! I <3 learning about new authors!

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (aaammmyyy) Yes--I agree, China Mieville needs more love!

Also, Dennis Lehane. His Kenzie & Gennaro series is pure gold. Not to mention Mystic River and Shutter Island :-)

message 10: by The Pirate Ghost (last edited Jan 04, 2012 11:47AM) (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Tim Powers Author of Declare and The Drawing of the Dark. Tim Powers great. He is throrough in his research and his prose is down right lyrical.

message 11: by EZRead (new)

I have to add Barbara Freethy to the list. She's a mainstream author gone indie and I can't get enough of her.

message 12: by EZRead (new)

Hugh (A.K.A. Hermit the Curmudgeon) wrote: "Tim Powers Author of Declare and The Drawing of the Dark. Tim Powers great. He is throrough in his research and his prose is down right lyrical."

Well, I haven't read Tim Powers yet, but I do like sci-fi and fantasy.

message 13: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) EZRead wrote: "Hugh (A.K.A. Hermit the Curmudgeon) wrote: "Tim Powers Author of Declare and The Drawing of the Dark. Tim Powers great. He is throrough in his research a..."

If you haven't read him, I'd start with "Declare" (and tell me if he don't evoke a 1984 (ish) mood and feeling in the first 1/5 of the book.

Drawing of the dark is more like epic fantasy, set in historical Europe.

And the one I want to read is "The Anubis Gates" but that one isn't availible on Kindle yet.

message 14: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Ferguson (ruthdfw) | 1 comments I would throw J. California Cooper in the mix. Her short story collections are wonderful.

message 15: by EZRead (new)

Ruth wrote: "I would throw J. California Cooper in the mix. Her short story collections are wonderful."

Another author I need to catch up on. And, short stories are my secret indulgence ;)

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Naigle (nancy_naigle) | 1 comments EZRead wrote: "I have to add Barbara Freethy to the list. She's a mainstream author gone indie and I can't get enough of her."

Love her! I'm writing down all these names as fast as I can. Thanks for sharing~

Love Or Leave It: A Book Club for Authors,...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Declare (other topics)
The Drawing of the Dark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tim Powers (other topics)
J. California Cooper (other topics)