We LoveFilm discussion

The Lounge > The Oscars 2011

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Who watched it last night? What did you think? Who was the best dressed/worst dressed? Was you happy with who won in each category? Come on and dish!

I didn't watch the Oscars last night. I was trying to find out who rocked it. LOL. Here's a link to some pics of dresses. http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/peopl...

message 2: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
I very rarely watch the ceremony, and this year was no different. I do have a very nice wardrobe with pieces ranging from everyday wear to haute couture, but I wouldn't class myself as majorly fashion obsessed so I tend to watch or read about the Oscars for the films/performances rather than what people are wearing. That's just me personally.

However, I have a yahoo mail that I use to stay in touch with my mom so while checking that I did come across a few of the dresses. I thought Halle Berry rocked her outfit as usual. She may not be among my top actresses, but she does know how to wear a dress! Sandra Bullock's red Valentino frock was lovely, but she looked far to bloodless and pale (she should fire her make-up artist for making her look like a corpse, The whole washed out vampire thing she had going on just did.not.work). Hmmm ... who else? Natalie Portman looked healthy and gorgeous in the bloom of her pregnancy as did Penelope Cruz (though her condition is post pregnancy). These women prove that women do look a lot sexier with meat on their bones rather than gaunt and skeletal a la that dreadful Kiera Knightley (I'm sorry if that's a bit harsh! I say it only because I'm banking on Kiera and or her minions not gracing our humble community with their elevated presence).

Those are the only ones I can remember fashion wise. I heard Anne Hathaway and James Franco totally bombed as hosts and I'm not surprised. To be honest when I heard they were hosting I raised an eyebrow. Anne Hathaway? Putting aside the fact that I don't particularly care for the chick, she's the least funny actress I know of. Why would they cast her (and no doubt pay her millions) for being host? James I was a bit more understanding of, because he is known to have more comedic capabilities.

Then again, why do I even bother to ask? The Academy pride themselves on being a puzzle to most (common) people in the grand scheme of things.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments I didn't watch it but I had heard she was bad. The skits that they aired during the commercials for weeks, was a great indicator of how they were going to do. I wasn't impressed. LOL