Q&A with Beth Groundwater discussion

Question: Will the Claire Hanover series continue?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth | 216 comments Mod
Caroline asked: "Is the RM Adventure series your primary focus now or will the Claire Hanover series continue as well? (I hope!) :) [And, if you need help convincing publishers, just let me know! LOL]"

Thanks for the offer, Caroline, but Midnight Ink is firmly convinced that the Claire Hanover gift basket designer mystery series should continue as well. I've moved that series from Five Star to them, so the plan is to first re-release the existing hardcover books in trade paperback and ebook, then continue on from there.

I've committed to a book every 8 months schedule, so there will be a new RM Outdoor Adventures mystery book every year and a new Claire Hanover gift basket designer book every two years, as long as they're selling well. Here's the planned publication schedule:

March, 2011: Deadly Currents
November, 2011: re-release of A Real Basket Case
May, 2012: Wicked Eddies (delivered & in production)
Fall, 2012: re-release of To Hell in a Handbasket
Spring, 2013: Cataract Canyon (just a concept now & not contracted for yet)
Fall, 2013: Basketful of Trouble (drafted and going through my critique group)

Yes, I'm a busy gal! Both my Midnight Ink editor and I would like to move up the schedule for the Claire Hanover books, so fans don't have to wait until 2013 to read the third one (which is why I wrote it early), BUT we have to find a hole in the publication schedule. That means another author has to miss their deadline or Midnight Ink has to increase the # of books they produce for each catalog. We'll see!

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 2 comments Wow! Complicated process! But I appreciate your efforts and look forward to reading all the books in both series. Thanks!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I love Claire!!! :)

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth | 216 comments Mod
So do I, Susan! :) I hope you enjoy Mandy Tanner just as much.

message 5: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 21 comments That's really cool--to see a release schedule from an author's point of view. I'm glad Claire's going to be re-released in trade paperback. I love the look and feel of nice hardbacks, and they really are nice. It's just I struggle to justify paying hardback prices and I love books.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 216 comments Mod
Sheila, because of people like you, I saw my hardcover sales drop during the recession. That's why I wanted to find a new publisher who would release my books in cheaper formats. And I'm the same way! Though hardcovers are more durable, I rarely buy them these days because of the expense.