Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Just Random > Oscars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandysconnected | 1 comments Did you watch last night? I watched "The Social Network" instead...has anyone read the book? The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook: A Tale Of Sex Money Genius And Betrayal http://bit.ly/hiMX0h

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jengray72) | 5 comments I didn't watch because I hadn't seen any of the movies--I don't get out much! Thanks for the recommendation. I'd rather read the book first, anyway.

message 3: by Lynne (last edited Feb 28, 2011 07:41PM) (new)

Lynne (lmsindel) I highly recommend "The King's Speech". First of all, I would literally watch Colin Firth read the phone book, but that movie had great performances by Firth, Helena Bonham Carter and Jeffery Rush.

True Grit was also really good, and I loved the original.

Finally, is Anne Hathaway not the cutest thing in Hollywood?

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal She is adorable.

I only saw two of the movies - King's Speech and Inception. Loved King's Speech.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenofthebookworm) The only one I've seen so far is The King's Speech and it was excellent, highly recommended.

message 6: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (itmatters) I haven't seen black swan yet.... and am eager to see the "thriller" swan. It was an extremely elegant fashion show,, not very many showed bad taste dressing.
Anne's co host was a big let down,, she however carried her part and his like a true professional. Franco just dumped the entire "pull it off lines" on gorgeous and talented Anne.

I am glad I saw Inception,,, it was much easier to follow why that movie did get nominated,, plus so many references were used for the show. I am a huge Leo fan.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 409 comments I can certainly recommended Black Swan Betsy, it is visually superb and the storyline and how it was filmed really sucks you in. Came out utterly exhausted!

The King's Speech was also brilliant, loved Bonham Carter as the future Queen Mum and Firth was superb as was Geoffrey Rush for that matter.

Saw True Grit the other week too (haven't seen the original though) and enjoyed it, the young girl (can't remember her name) in it was brilliant and Matt Damon was surprisingly good as a Texan Cowboy

message 8: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (lmsindel) I totally agree about James Franco. I was totally disappointed in him. I heard that Anne Hathaway is a little ticked at him for his performance.