H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1) H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education discussion

Readers

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex It seems to me that by reading the reviews that the people who read this book also seem to have read the Artemis Fowl series and Harry Potter.

message 2: by George (new)

George is the artemis fowl series like harry potter?

Elizabeth Fitzgibbons I havent read either series but I really like this book so far. Its progress is a little slow, but its still very enjoyable.

Kailey <3 artemis fowl
hate harry potter

message 5: by MizziQ (last edited Oct 04, 2011 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MizziQ I've read Artemis Fowl...but I think you're right, it is the same type genre so it fits.

This isn't like Harry Potter (only in the slightest) but it has a lot in like kind with AF. I love both books!

(As in AF and H.I.V.E.)

Kailey The characters are like AF but has no relation to harry potter at all.(jus soyou knoww :) )

Aurora I like Harry Potter, but I don't find them very similar except for the whole secret-life-special-school thing. There are some other similarities, but not things that I haven't seen in other places. Plus those are spoilers.

I haven't read Artemis Fowl. It doesn't look interesting to me.

Jess I don't find HP and HIVE very similar at all. AF and HIVE both have kid geniuses, which makes them similar.

Aurora *I change my previous comment. Artemis Fowl rocks*

Yeah, it is somewhat a combination of Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl. It is different and unique from those, but if you like both Artemis Fowl and Harry Potter, you will probably like this series.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read both of the above mentioned series and I loved both of them! I also really thought this book was good!!!!!! I loved the plot, though the whole part about *spoilers*
the plant growing out of control was a bit predictable... I still really liked it!!!!
I just wanted to add in that I really didn't think that the HP series was anything like this one, but the Artemis Fowl was a bit closer...

Loved them!!!!!

Aurora Harry Potter was close because of the school thing, but other than that it was pretty much different. I think Artemis would hate HIVE because he would find the other people lesser compared to him, at least in the beginning books.

Elana I don't think that H.I.V.E. is anything like the Artemis Fowl or the Harry Potter series. Anyway, i loved the first H.I.V.E. book and i can't wait to read the second.

message 13: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Elana wrote: "I don't think that H.I.V.E. is anything like the Artemis Fowl or the Harry Potter series. Anyway, i loved the first H.I.V.E. book and i can't wait to read the second."
FYI I hated the third HIVE book.... the last 50 or so pages pretty much ruined the whole series for me. Still read the forth, never got past it though. Really there are just too many other book I want to read.
For those of you who want to know why I hated the third, click the view spoiler button, but don't say I didn't warn you. MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!
(view spoiler)
End of rant. Please note that the above was MY OPINION. Kudos to those who made it to the end. :)

message 14: by Elana (last edited Jul 29, 2012 07:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elana Jess wrote: "FYI I hated the third HIVE book.... the last 50 or so pages pretty much ruined the whole series for me."
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm 2/3 through the second book so I'll be able to read the third H.I.V.E. book soon and I'll pay attention to the last 50 or so pages to see what happens. I've read books before that were like that, the beginning is great and then the author writes something so ridicules that completely ruins the entire book. I'm not going to read the spoiler though, because i really want to Finnish the series willingly, and it will be more exiting to find out what happens when i get there. So far i really enjoy the series, i can barely wait to find out why Number One is so protective of Otto, why Number One found such an interest in Otto and put Otto into H.I.V.E. I'm so glad that i started reading the series.:)

message 15: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Elana wrote: "i can barely wait to find out why Number One is so protective of Otto, why Number One found such an interest in Otto and put Otto into H.I.V.E. I'm so glad that i started reading the series.:) "
Let me know what you think! You're right to wonder about Number One. :) I really did enjoy the first two, but after the third I kind of lost interest because of the ending.

message 16: by Elana (last edited Jul 31, 2012 05:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elana Jess wrote: "Elana wrote: i can barely wait to find out why Number One is so protective of Otto, why Number One found such an interest in Otto and put Otto into H.I.V.E."
Jess wrote:"Let me know what you think! You're right to wonder about Number One. :)"

Yesterday night i finished reading H.I.V.E. The Overlord Protocol, and at the end where Cypher/Wing's Dad told Nero about Number One's plans to bring back Overlord, so now i have even more questions; like is Cypher even telling the truth about Number One wanting to bring Overlord back, why would Number One even want to bring Overlord back, what will Nero do with Cypher now that everyone thinks he's dead, and what are Number One's true goals. I think Number One is protective and interested in Otto because Number One is secretly Otto's father, and he put Otto into H.I.V.E. so that Otto could eventually become the heir to G.L.O.V.E. with the necessary training, and Number One put Otto in the orphanage in the first place so that as Otto grew-up nobody would try to kill Otto.

message 17: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Elana wrote: "...is Cypher even telling the truth about Number One wanting to bring Overlord back, why would Number One even want to bring Overlord back, what will Nero do with Cypher now that everyone thinks he's dead, and what are Number One's true goals. I think Number One is protective and interested in Otto because Number One is secretly Otto's father, and he put Otto into H.I.V.E. so that Otto could eventually become the heir to G.L.O.V.E. with the necessary training, and Number One put Otto in the orphanage in the first place so that as Otto grew-up nobody would try to kill Otto. "

Putting in spoiler warning- just replying to Elana. (view spoiler)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

MizziQ wrote: "I've read Artemis Fowl...but I think you're right, it is the same type genre so it fits.

This isn't like Harry Potter (only in the slightest) but it has a lot in like kind with AF. I love both boo..."

Long live Artemis Fowl II!!!!!!!