Immortals After Dark discussion

The Characters > Declan/Aidan

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I think he's one of my favorite heroes so far. I love 'em dark and tortured. The scars--turn on or turn off for you?

message 2: by Mina (last edited Mar 05, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

Mina Burrows | 2 comments I loved this book. I just finished it. As far as Declan...I liked the complexity of his character. He's so human/mortal and nowhere near as perfect as Aidan seemed to be. As FUBR as Dekko was, he felt more real. :0)

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I agree about liking Declan better than Aidan. I know nothing happened, but the idea of Aidan being so into a 12 year old girl--even an immortal one! Blah. Plus he couldn't be serious about closing her up in a castle somewhere until he was immortal was another point against him.

message 4: by Layla (last edited Mar 06, 2011 06:28AM) (new)

Layla  is a Picky Reader  | 10 comments I liked,liked Declan! He was so real,when I read about his past I was like "Ohhh, poor him" and the fact that he had scars didn't made me dislike him in fact, I liked his even more.
Aidan was sweet but I don't know kinda too perfect, he didn't actually needed Regin,he considered her more of a trophy since she was the granddaughter of gods and all.

Also,when Declan finally kissed Regin and his memories were coming back I was like "Nooo,I don't want Aidan, I want Declan!!!"

Fluffymuskateer | 7 comments I think that Regin put Aiden on a pedestal as much as he did to her. He was like her teenage crush, this perfectly hot perfect guy who she just couldn't quite love. Whereas Declan was real, tortured, had serious issues... but Regin could bring him back to life. Declan/Regin had a vibe going on between them that she never did with Aiden because they could actually be vulnerable with each other.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 48 comments At first when I was reading Regin's book, I kept thinking -How in hell is Regin going to fall for this A-HOLE? But I have to admit that I really loved him in this book!!! I could not get enough of him, I loved that he shattered Regin's the idea of Aiden for the real him... or maybe I love him because of the scars...I don't know!!!!!

Malkom, Cade, Lachlain and Declan are my faves!!!!