Future Writers discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) Hey I am Alexxa and I am from Tremonton. I am an avid writer and reader. This should be fun! I have already got my hand in a publishing place and am hopeing to get published withing the next year or 2. Let's hear your story! What do you like to write about? Who inspires you? What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have? ECT. Let's hear about you!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahhh009) | 8 comments Hey guys my name is kate (well thats my pen name for this website haha) and i LOVVEEE writing and reading!! I am currently writing two books!! :)

Maybe youve heard of one? Its called the entertainment. It has twenty chapters. But my newest nook that very recently started writing is called On the Corner of West and Maybell Street. It is only one chpter haha :p

It woul mean soo mych to me if someone read On the Corner of West and Maybell Street!!

And nice to meet you Alexxa!!!!! :D

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahhh009) | 8 comments http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/3...
Btw this is a link to my stories!! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I am Tessie. So yeah. I Like writing stories. So hi!

message 5: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 28 comments Hi I am Leah and I just got my first piece published it was just a short poem but it is a start:) I am kind of an obsessive reader and writer. :P

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justintime8408) Hey everyone! I'm Justin and I've written short stories in the past but I've written more poetry than anything. I just post my first one under my page that Alexxa made for me so check it out and let me know what you think.

You're awesome Alexxa! Good idea on this page!

message 7: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 28 comments Hi How is Everybody doinn'

message 8: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) Thanks Justin! How is everyone doing? :) Anyone else posted writings yet?

message 9: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 28 comments maaybeee

message 10: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 23 comments I have

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahhh009) | 8 comments hey everyonne!! :D

message 12: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) HELLO!!!!! :D

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahhh009) | 8 comments :D!!

message 14: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) How is everyone?

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahhh009) | 8 comments pretty good, and you?

message 16: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) Doing grand :)

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) Hey hey my peoples! I'm Xandy and live in Chesepeake VA. I love to read, write, listen to music, have fun, and watch movies. And eat pie and cake and desserts in general, but my favorite is cheesecake.

message 18: by Maylee (new)

Maylee (mayleejo) Xandy wrote: "Hey hey my peoples! I'm Xandy and live in Chesepeake VA. I love to read, write, listen to music, have fun, and watch movies. And eat pie and cake and desserts in general, but my favorite is cheesec..."

Wow that sounds exactly like me scary lol except my name is MayLee and I live in Idaho hahaha

message 19: by Alex (new)

Alex hi im Alex. thanks for inviting me maylee!!

message 20: by Maylee (new)

Maylee (mayleejo) Alex wrote: "hi im Alex. thanks for inviting me maylee!!"

No problem :)

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) Hey Alex!

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 43 comments hey, my name is Tara, and i love books, and i have 3 stories on goodreads, but neither of them is finished!

Tara

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) Yah to unfinished stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 43 comments hehe!! lol , you shoudl check out mine, if you have time!

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) anytime!

message 28: by Shawn (last edited May 13, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

Shawn Hey guys! My name is Shawn and I've enjoyed writing my whole life but never really took it seriously until my husband, then boyfriend, joined the Army. While he was in boot camp I began to read a lot and started writing a story that I hope to re-write. Two years ago I moved to Germany to be with him and when he deployed to Iraq for a year from Nov. 09-10 I wrote a two book series which I self-published Volition and Severance. Writing for me started out as something to keep me sane, to keep me tied to hope, love, and all things that feel amiss when apart from the one you love. In my darkest hours I was able to pull myself back up through my writing and I believe that because of this, my books are relatable, heart-felt, and honest.

I'm editing a third story now which I intend to pitch to agents in the near future. As an Army wife I have a lot of time to write and just focus on that. I consider myself blessed in that and in all things. I've chosen to live by my favorite quote by Will Smith, "Greatness lives on the edge of destruction." When life got hard I used that and I made something of it, which is something I hope to help inspire in others with their writing.

As for hobbies, aside from reading and writing, I like to play pool and snowboard. They're both recent additions to my interests list but then again, so is reading and writing. Before meeting my husband 7 years ago I'm not sure that I could tell you that I enjoyed much of anything. I never really got out there and tried thing before. I attribute a lot of my success and accomplishments to him for his unyielding support and for pushing me to try new things and break out of my shell.

:)

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea  (andreaorva) Hey I'm Andrea, I'm from the beautiful country that is Mexico (from the city! lol) I'm sixteen and I love to write. I want to study psychology but I wanna be a writer. I've written a 234 page novel that I hope will publish someday. I like to write poems, short stories and also write funny stuff like monologues sometimes. Among other hobbies are reading (book addict, not looking for rehab!) movie making, spending time on goodreads, yoga (not really an exercise fan but I love it anyway) drawing, listening to music and theater (musicals to be exact) I'm also addicted to horror movies and musicals.

message 30: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) Welcome Shawn and Andrea!!!! can't wait to hear from you! Would you two like a writing folder? Send me a message if yes :)

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) Chelsea wrote: "Hi!! I'm Chelsea and I live Right Here, State of Insanity, Country of Confusion, Planet Cedna. LOL I love to write. At first I started to write stories, but now I write poetry. My inspiration was r..."

Are you sure your not me? This is insane how much I'm like your description!

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen Rettich | 1 comments Hi I'm Karen. My friend turned me onto this website for reading but I am excited to see a place for writing as well. Looking forward to reading what others are writing. I have been writing most of my life, nothing published but then you have to finish a project to get it published, don't you? MOstly I have written, or started, short stories and novels for adults or young adult/ middle grade. Will be happy to share some of it at some point!

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) HEY!!!

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) HEY!!!

message 35: by Aimie (new)

Aimie (aim4theneck) | 2 comments Hi I'm Aimie. I love reading and reading some more. :)

I have a full first draft written, but can't get my head into editing it. I open the file and look at the first page and close it thinking "Another day" hopefully I will kick my own butt and get it done and find someone to publish it for me, I already have a follow on book plot and some chapters written.

While I have been avoiding that story I have had new characters for another book, which of course I have started. I also have two complete different book ideas and with characters and plot but haven't written anything on those yet. I am trying to keep my focus to get one complete but when a character screams at you its hard to ignore. Now I sound like a lunatic... lol

Xandy *Mako's Scarf* (ninjastealthmaster) HEY!!!!

message 37: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) Whoot! Nice to meet you all! Let me know if you would like a writing folder :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey people!! ! I'm Jenna! Umm...I like to write, but it generally takes me forever to write something, and I hardly get past the second chapter, but I'm trying!

message 39: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 18 comments Mod
Hey , I'm Rosmely . I love to write and I'm the moderator you would like to talk to if you want to make a writing folder ! :D

message 40: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 18 comments Mod
Hey Hannah ! Welcome to the group ! :D

message 41: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 18 comments Mod
Hi Hannah !! :D

message 42: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 18 comments Mod
Why ? :D

message 43: by Rosy (new)

Rosy  | 18 comments Mod
Idk I'm just bored and I was confused when you said " Oh , your on ! " ~.^

message 44: by Christian (new)

Christian Ok, I've been in this group for about two weeks or so, but never said "hi". So...

Hi, I'm Chris, I'm a German student of English literature, culture and translation. I read a lot, and write a lot, mainly short stories and most of them in German. But I also write in English and sometimes even in Spanish. I hope I'll have fun here, reading your stuff, and maybe I can put on some of my texts, too, so that you can go on and criticize the style, the plot or my lack of language skills :D