Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon (FTSJ) | 2 comments I like the nook, and have had it for just about 3 months. I do not know why, but I just like it. I love the cheap book prices, but I kind of miss the feel of a book cover and pages. Although I do not feel this way about all the time, I am just curious if it is just me or do you sometimes feel this way to. Thanks!

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I haven't gotten to that point yet...I've only had mine for 3 weeks. I seem to have a library problem though...I think I just have a really good library in my area that keeps up on new releases, so I am always picking up something there.

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Sometimes I do miss paper books, and when that happens I just turn my Nook off and pick up one of my "real" books. Fortunately I have many unread paper books as well, so I can go back and forth as the mood strikes me.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments I also miss my "real" books as well, but I have a very large library of books that I own, so sometimes I read 2 books at a time, one on the Nook and a "real" book. That helps me to not miss my books so much. There is nothing like holding an actual book.

message 5: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I don't miss hard copies of books at all. I wasn't reading before I got into eBooks. There's just something about them that I cannot stand. I even tried reading sequels to books I really love, but couldn't do it... even if I was interested in what was happening!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I've only had my Nook Color (which is awesome!) since Christmas. I love reading and buying books, discussing books etc. I always go to used bookstores, library booksales etc. So prior to getting my Nook, I already quite a few paperbacks that I haven't read yet. I love my nook, but I miss my paperbacks. So, what I've been trying to do is read one of each either concurrently, or alternate between the two.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (squirrelflight77) | 15 comments LOL.. I dont miss 'real' print books at all. I love the nook color.. I have and easel cover and I read hands free all the time and its great.. Easy to carry with me all the time.. and no hand cramp from holding open a book.. can cozy into to bed and just prop the nook up beside me and read away.. :-)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Michelle wrote: "LOL.. I dont miss 'real' print books at all. I love the nook color.. I have and easel cover and I read hands free all the time and its great.. Easy to carry with me all the time.. and no hand cram..."

LOL!!! I know what you mean about the hand cramp!

message 9: by Tai (new)

Tai (msglam) I have had my Nook since last March and I had fully converted to ebooks. I don't miss 'real' books at all. All my books stay in mint conditions now LOL. I love having all my books in one place and being about to access them anywhere.

message 10: by Mary (last edited Feb 28, 2011 11:11AM) (new)

Mary | 7 comments My nearest library is over 60 miles RT. So I love getting the latest e-books online for my Nook. I download most of my e-books from another library. I have always read over 2-3 books a week, as I'm a fast reader. I have a lot of DTB sitting on shelves that my husband would like me to read. But I prefer my Nook. I tell my husband that the DTB are good insulation.