Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Found something new and SIZZLING!!!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 114 comments Added it to my to read. Thanks

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber | 43 comments I added this awhile ago, can't wait to catch up on all my other series so I can read this one!

message 5: by Cyle (new)

Cyle (seeingnightreviews) | 38 comments Added that to my list sounds fun!

message 6: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments I spotted this one a while ago but I think I'll bump it up the list. Thanks.

message 7: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments This is a new series and it is off the chain especially if you like the fae. This is a great love story and excellent launch to a new series. The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy

message 8: by Coffeentea (new)

Coffeentea | 128 comments Read First Grave on the Right recently and loved it! It's a great new start of a urban fantasy series. I am looking forward to the next book.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie | 42 comments First Grave on the Right looks to be a sassy and fun read. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm definitely adding this to my TBR list. Looks like there is a sequel too. I love reading books in a series.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments This looks like a great new series! Thanks for posting this, I will definitely be checking it out!

message 11: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 86 comments jD wrote: "This is a new series and it is off the chain especially if you like the fae. This is a great love story and excellent launch to a new series.The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy"

I love this series too!!! I can't wait for the next one to come out! The Lady of the Storm (The Elven Lords, #2) by Kathryne Kennedy

Have you read any of her other stuff? I loved Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy and Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2) by Kathryne Kennedy

message 12: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments I haven't read those but did try another fairy tale by her called Beneath the Thirteen Moons
This one was just three stars for me so I hesitated to go any further than Fire Lord. I love wizards and the whole Merlin time period so I am very tempted. I may have to add those to my TBR list.

message 13: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 86 comments Yeah, I wasn't digging Beneath the Thirteen Moonseither but the merlin series is completely different... think of a shape-shifter prince charming and a magical damsel in distress. If you do read it let me know what ya think... just curious since I haven't seen many people mention this author.

message 14: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments I think Fire Lord is going to put her on the map. I know I have told everyone that it is one of the best love stories I have read in a long time. I can't wait for the next one. It is one of the few books I re-read just to feel the magic of it. The other would be Dark Magic. I am a sucker for a well done love story. I am not a fan of weres in general so I don't think I will be trying the Merlin series. Feel free to recommend any other good paranormal romances anytime.

message 15: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 86 comments I hope so because I really like her work! :) I'll have to put Dark Magic on my TBR list!

As for other series.... Fever and Nighthuntress! Can't go wrong with either one... especially if you like something a little grittier!

message 16: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Read them both. Cat and Bones are my favorites of all time. Warning on Dark Magic, it's Christine Feehan and her Dark Carpathian series has got to be 15 or 20 books. She has moved from vamps to sorcerers to shifters and to the point of mania. The stuff is no long fresh. There is a point where some series should end (except for Dresden Files). Dark Magic is the third book and the last really good one. The first one, Dark Prince, was very good too. I think I will start a discussion thread asking other readers if they think a series might have lost it's luster and which ones they do not want to end.

message 17: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 86 comments Cool! Thanks for letting me know!

message 18: by Sondrae (new)

Sondrae Bennett | 32 comments jD wrote: "This is a new series and it is off the chain especially if you like the fae. This is a great love story and excellent launch to a new series.The Fire Lord's Lover (The Elven Lords, #1) by Kathryne Kennedy"

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the first book in this series as a free kindle book a while ago and archived it for later...

Gonna have to go check it out now. Thanks for pointing it out!

message 19: by Emily (last edited May 04, 2011 09:20PM) (new)

Emily | 12 comments Thanks Mystehry for posting First Grave on the Right! Hadn't heard of it before but the story sounds fun and fresh. Putting it at the top of my list!

message 20: by Vanessa (last edited May 05, 2011 03:53PM) (new)

Vanessa (ayeestrella) | 41 comments First Grave on the Right is a great start to what can become a fantastic series-its hilarious and sassy. You guys will love it- I did! I cannot wait for the next book in the series. Also I just read Ascesion by Sable Grace- its a very unique series where Greek Mythology meets PRN.

message 21: by Trilogy99 (new)

Trilogy99 | 18 comments I'll have to try First Grave on the Right. Thanks for the suggestion.
As far as new and sizzling, I was pleasantly surprised by Demon Possession

message 22: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments I read half way through Frist Grave to the Rigt and stallled. It is a good book but I think I am not in the mood.

I am going to look into The Firre Lord.

I devoured Dragon Bound. It is an autobuy series for me. The love story and world are great.

message 23: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments @ Cali -- Even if you don't like the fae, you will love Fire Lord. As for First Grave, I didn't get into it at first but about half way, I was sold. What turned me off initially was the first person dialog that sounded too much like Jaz Parks. I hated that series so I was worried that I was investing in another stupid heroine. Not the case. Hit it again when you are in the mood. I know how that is sometimes.

message 24: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I too had a few probs with First Grave at first--but it did pick up, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next book.

I think part of the slowness is just "first book in a series"-itis.

message 25: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments This book is amazing! I am so very picky about what books interest me, and this book is definitely worth it! This series holds a lot of promise, and is soon to make quite a few appearances in these forums...guaranteed! If you're looking for a snarky heroine, and a broody, hunk of a love interest, topped with some mystery...this is for you :)

message 26: by Bigpallooka (new)

Bigpallooka | 17 comments I read this a while ago and couldn't remember the name to add it to my list and to keep an eye on the author DOH! Thanks for bring it up.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 49 comments I was looking for a Dragon shifter book to read and this one came out. I'm halfway and there is a pretty amount of world-building, nice use of fantasy creatures and the interactions between the main characters are very funny and endearing. It came out this month and already almost 300 ratings, for a debut PNR novel... it is a refreshing addition to the genre. I just don't like the cover.
Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

message 28: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments I just bought that one. I've heard that it's good. I also don't like the cover.

message 29: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Watson (OlivaLove) | 11 comments I finished Dragon Bound last week and loved it however... It reminded me a little too much of Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh. If you have read both, tell me if I am the only one who sees the similarities:

Power structure of Raphael vs. Dragos. Their lieutenants, world powers etc. Building/Location, even the balcony take offs. The hero's attitude and evolution.

I LOVE that series btw so reading another one just like it works for me!

I loved The Fire Lord's Lover. I got it from the library (impule, liked the cover) and then turned around and bought all of her other books but I haven't read them yet.

message 30: by Lyndsey (last edited May 19, 2011 09:57AM) (new)

Lyndsey | 86 comments Kristina wrote: "I finished Dragon Bound last week and loved it however... It reminded me a little too much of Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh. If you have read both, tell me if I am the only one who sees the similar..."

I love Kathryne Kennedy!!! My favorites are Double Enchantment,Enchanting the Lady, andFire Lord's Lover. I am so read for The Lady of the Storm to come out!!!

I also want to read Dragon Bound... sound right up my alley!

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 49 comments @Kristina: I agree that there are similarities with Nalini Singh. The ending is quite different and Dragos, while supposedly intelligent, is more governed by his animal nature. He is not the strategic planner that Raphael is.

message 32: by Benita Vehnom (last edited May 19, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 114 comments Ok so I found a series that I love. Keri Arthur Collection Moon Sworn, Kiss the Night Goodbye, Hearts in Darkness, Dancing with the Devil, Full Moon Rising, Kissing Sin, Circle of ... Moon, Beneath a Rising Moon, Generation 18 by Keri Arthur its Riley Jensen series

message 33: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (sreads) | 5 comments Vampires in America is a great series I discovered because the first book Raphael was a cheap Kindle read.

message 34: by Steven (new)

Steven Tudor | 18 comments Benita Vehnom wrote: "Ok so I found a series that I love. [bookcover:Keri Arthur Collection: Moon Sworn, Kiss the Night Goodbye, Hearts in Darkness, Dancing with the Devil, Full Moon Rising, Kissing Sin, Circle of ... M..."

Riley is awesome. Wish there was more.

message 35: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments Another vote for the Riley is awesome camp. And it's a completed series too which I love.

message 36: by Judy V (new)

Judy V (faefreak) | 88 comments Benita Vehnom wrote: "Ok so I found a series that I love. [bookcover:Keri Arthur Collection: Moon Sworn, Kiss the Night Goodbye, Hearts in Darkness, Dancing with the Devil, Full Moon Rising, Kissing Sin, Circle of ... M..."

I am in LUUUUUUUVVVVV with Quinn!
Is it really weird that I LUUUUUUUUVVVV the Quinn in Sookie Stackhouse too?

message 37: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
um, you just have a "thing" for the name Quinn?? :oP

message 38: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments jD wrote: "@ Cali -- Even if you don't like the fae, you will love Fire Lord. As for First Grave, I didn't get into it at first but about half way, I was sold. What turned me off initially was the first per..."

Will do that!

message 39: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sophie714) | 126 comments sounds interesting (First Grave on the Right)... added to my TBR list :)

message 40: by Nanna -DD- (new)

Nanna -DD- sounds promising. will have a look at it when I finish the series I'm reading right now ;)