Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Outlander In Audio Version

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments I received a new Kindle as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love it. I've been reading ABSA, as this is the only book in the series I haven't finished. I had skipped some of the books and read Echo before going back and reading the others. Love being able to upload and read any book I want to in seconds. I read by a clip-on light in bed at night.

My question is this. Why can't I get the audio version of Outlander on Kindle? I've tried to see about downloading it, but it doesn't seem to have it. I know Kindle can do audio books, or it says it can. Are any of the Outlander series books audio friendly for Kindle?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments you can get the audio version of outlander - you need to go through a site such as audible to get it, Amazon doesn't sell audiobooks (that I know of). Kindles are also audible compatible, so you can set up your audible account to transfer to your kindle - however, I have never used my kindle in that way - I just put audiobooks on my itouch because they are large files - 90mb's or so each

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments I've been to Audible. I can't find Outlander for Kindle. I don;t think it's available.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments are you talking about an ebook or the audio version...they are two different entities...

here is the audible link to outlander - http://www.audible.com/search/ref=sr_...

here is the amazon link to outlander - http://www.amazon.com/Outlander-with-...

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (last edited Feb 27, 2011 02:07PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments You just download the Audible Audio book into your computer. Then you plug your Kindle into your computer with your USB cord. Once you do this you'll open the file that pops up on your computer. You'll see a folder labeled 'Audible'. You then drag the audio books from your 'Audible Manager' into that 'Audible' folder in your computer. They'll show up on your Kindle.

I have Audio Outlander on my Kindle.

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue Pittman | 94 comments Thanks so much! I'll do this.

message 7: by Lotte (new)

Lotte | 330 comments Wendy stated in another thread (one that I cannot find again) that she is waiting for the book "Warriors". I just found it at Audible, but I do not think I could listen to the reader for hours.

I was there to use my credits, preferable with books by DG =UNABRIDGED=, to be precise FC. Didn't DG explain that it would come out this year, 10 years after it was first published, or am I very much mistaken?

message 8: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 27 comments Lotte wrote: "Wendy stated in another thread (one that I cannot find again) that she is waiting for the book "Warriors". I just found it at Audible, but I do not think I could listen to the reader for hours.

I ..."

Yes, I think November - it was very recently explained in her blog, so try her website for more details.

message 9: by Lotte (new)

Lotte | 330 comments JenC. wrote: "Lotte wrote: "Wendy stated in another thread (one that I cannot find again) that she is waiting for the book "Warriors". I just found it at Audible, but I do not think I could listen to the reader ..."

Thank you JenC! It will be a hard time to wait till November, but the even better news was for ABOSAA, which should now be available in the unabgridged version at Audible. Unfortunately Audible UK still just offers the abridged one. I left a comment in the blog and am quite curious for replies.

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 89 comments I've just recently discovered audio books and I'm loving it. I spend a lot of time in my sewing room and listening to audio books is ideal for that situation. But I looked at getting An Echo in the Bone on audio and it's 45 HOURS!! Oh my gosh, I don't know about that. That's kind of daunting, I haven't decided if I'm going to get it or not.

message 11: by Dee (last edited May 11, 2011 05:52AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments all the outlander books are long...I think outlander at the shortest is still close to 30 hours...its actually not that bad (at least to me) - i'm listening to a bio of george washington right now that is like 41 hours, but its interesting...as with anything, if you enjoy it, it won't be hard to listen to

message 12: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 27 comments Count of Monte Cristo - 72 HOURS!!! But I loved it.

message 13: by Dee (last edited May 11, 2011 08:33AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments wow...lol! I think you win for longest book...you must have had a special version, mine is on 47 hours

message 14: by JC (new)

JC (jmnc) | 27 comments It was on a playaway, don't know if that makes a difference.