Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > photo cover not displaying

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan | 28 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/78... does not show the book cover image when on the book page, even though it appears to be there when looking at the list of all editions.

I do have a book in hand. It was published in 1955 (no month listed), and has no ISBN number listed, but above the words "First Edition" is the number 24689753. It is a hardback with 107 pages, as described, and the cover is the one I see when looking on the editions page.

My one concern about whether the book I have is one of those listed, or is another edition that needs to be added is that that 787209 is listed as being published on 10/10/1995. Book 1532479 is listed as being published April 1995. That means book 787209 can't be the first edition. However, book 1532479 is listed as being published by "Random House Trade", where the one I have in hand says only "Random House," so I don't think that's what I have either.

Should I just add mine as another edition? The only problem with that is that I don't have an ISBN for it.

message 2: by Paula (last edited Feb 27, 2011 06:12AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments I have sorted the cover.

Checking out the other information

Edit: The fact there is not an ISBN is not an issue - many books do not have them, you can add a book without an ISBN.
Is your copy printed in 1955 or 1995? as I am not finding any thing for a 1955 edition on the web but would not expect a 1955 edition to have an ISBN.
The different versions Random House I think are misleading, as Trade generally refers to book type - i.e. trade paperback vs mass market paperback.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 28 comments Paula wrote: "I have sorted the cover.

Checking out the other information

Edit: The fact there is not an ISBN is not an issue - many books do not have them, you can add a book without an ISBN.
Is your copy printed in 1955 or 1995? "

Sorry. That's a typo. It was 1995