Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Danie's 2011 Challenge ~~ 30%

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danie (last edited Apr 17, 2011 08:11AM) (new)

Danie The Girl with the Dragon Tattooby Stieg Larsson

This was my 1st read on my new ereader, and I completely fell in love with this series. It was a little long in the beginning but I was already advised that I should keep with it. I'm very glad that I did keep reading because it dragged me into the story and I was rewarded with a fabulous read. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

message 2: by Danie (last edited Feb 27, 2011 12:41AM) (new)

Danie 2. The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

After reading this book, all I have to say is, you DO NOT WANT TO GET ON LISBETH BAD SIDE. This was even better that The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. A super follow-up.

message 3: by Danie (new)

Danie 3. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

After finishing reading book #2 of the Millennium series, I could not wait to get started on book 3. At times I found the story long, it was very entertaining. I would recommend this book without hesitation.

message 4: by Danie (new)

Danie 4. Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong

Although I enjoyed the previous Elena books from her Women of the Otherworld series, this one just didn't captivate me as much. I found myself reading faster so I could be done with this read. Not the best of the series in my opinion.

message 5: by Danie (new)

Danie 5. Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong

Finally Savannah story. Since I first read Eve Levine's story, I could stop hoping that a story about Savannah would follow, and Kelley did not disappoint. It was full of twist and turns and kept me reading and wanting it to go on for many more chapters. Awesome read!

message 6: by Danie (new)

Danie 6. Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione

Book 4 of the Daemonica series was just as I remembered books 1-3, an easy read for adults. Set in this supernatural world with a little bit of medical field thrown in; the love story between demon and angel is enchanting.

message 7: by Danie (new)

Danie 7. Sin Undone by Larissa Ione

I was very sad to see this book end, because it meant the end of the series. However she opened up a great beginning to a spin-off. This book was ok, not the best but not the worst.

message 8: by Danie (new)

Danie 8. Getting what you want by Kathy Love

Sometimes I need a little fluff to help lighten the mood before an "heavy" read. This series was it for me. Pretty good, but a little predictable.

message 9: by Danie (new)

Danie 9. Wanting what you get by Kathy Love

Same series as previous comment, The Stepp sisters. This one was better than the last one, more enjoyable. This book made me want to read the 3rd book right away. An easy read.

message 10: by Danie (new)

Danie 10. Wanting something more by Kathy Love

Last book of the Stepp sisters trilogy. Best one of the series by far. Not the best romance novel our there but an entertaining read . Will not be on my must read over and over again list.

message 11: by Danie (new)

Danie 11. Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler.

OMG!!! SO FUNNY!!! This is definitly my best find of the year. Hilarious, this book had me laughing out loud all the time. Definite pick-me upper!!!

message 12: by Danie (new)

Danie 12. Infernal Device - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Another YA book, sometimes I like them sometime I don't. This one was pretty good. I tough the Mortal Instruments series from the same author was ok. This one was much better for me. I enjoyed the historical feel of this book. All and all a entertaining read.

message 13: by Danie (new)

Danie 13. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This book took me 2 days to read cover to cover. It's a totally different story that I've ever read before. Simply draws you in from the 1st sentence. A definite must-read. Don't let the YA tittle scare you away, completly worth my time.

message 14: by Danie (last edited Apr 17, 2011 08:12AM) (new)

Danie 14. Catching fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

What an awesome follow-up to the Hunger Games. The context and the story are very original, like nothing out there. I can totally see this on the big screen. Great series.

message 15: by Danie (new)

Danie 15. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

3rd installement of the hunger games trilogy. This one was not so great for me. I think that my expectations were too high to begin with. It did conclude the story nicely but it as a little long in some places.

message 16: by Danie (last edited Apr 17, 2011 08:13AM) (new)

Danie 16. Invicible by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Invincible (Chronicles of Nick, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I love this author for her Paranormal series. I was a little dissapointed when I found out that she was doing Nick story in YA and spread out over 10+ books. Nonetheless I read the 1st one and kinda like it, not her best work. I decided to keep on reading and hopefully it would get better. I'm still on the undecided on this series. This book is ok. I think I won't be reading this series the minute they it the shelf but if I've got nothing better to read, maybe...

message 17: by Danie (new)

Danie 15. Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

3rd Installement in The hunger Games trilogy. This book was just so-so for me. I think that I was expecting too much because I LOVED the previous 2 books. It has an good ending, but some parts of the book are just too dragged out and does not follow the fast pace of the other 2 books.