Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Gail's 50 Book Challenge 2011

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail (last edited Feb 27, 2011 12:00AM) (new)

Gail (tilton) #1 7th Heaven by James Patterson: I just started reading this series a few months ago. I just love it!

#2 The Help by Kathryn Stockett: Excellent book! Should be required reading.

#3 The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larson: Terrific!

#4 Posed for Murder by Meredith Cole: OK

#5 J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton: Author is a long-time favorite of mine and I'm finally catching up. Listened to this one on CD in the car.

#6 Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay: I wasn't aware of the rounding up of Jews in Paris during WWII. This is a great book even though the subject is difficult.

#7 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larson: Loved it and hated for it to end. Sure hope the 4th book gets published.

#8 The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund: Liked it but not as good as some of his other books.

message 2: by Gail (last edited Feb 27, 2011 04:33PM) (new)

Gail (tilton) #9 Christmas Mourning by Margaret Maron: One of my favorite authors. Especially fun for me because the setting is local.

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail (tilton) #10 K is for Killer by Sue Grafton (audio)

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (tilton) #11 Crossfire by Dick Francis & Felix Francis

#12 The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom: An interesting take on the afterlife.

#13 The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards: Excellent! A great book for discussion.

#14 L is for Lawless (audio) by Sue Grafton

#15 Welcome to the Departure Lounge by Meg Federico: A real wake-up call for my generation (baby-boomers). We've already been through something similar with my parents with my sister as the primary care-giver (though on a MUCH smaller budget). Now I'm thinking, what's going to happen to us??

#16 M is for Malice (audio) by Sue Grafton

#17 N is For Noose (audio) by Sue Grafton

#18 The 8th Confession by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro

#19 1984 by George Orwell: I first read this back in the early 1970s for a college history class called "Science Fiction as Social Criticism", and liked it a lot. It gained renewed interest in 1984, but I don't remember reading it again at that time. Now 66 years after it was written and 27 years since 1984, it's quite fascinating reading in the context of current world events. If you've never read it, try it. And if you read it a long time ago, read it again.