WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Molverine (last edited Feb 26, 2011 09:24PM) (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) | 140 comments Name: Owen
Appearence: dark blonde hair that's a little past the shaggy point, green eyes, 6'2", he was burned all over his body in a fire when he was 8
Things you know about the character so far: He's very protective, a little bit aggressive, he definitely has a temper and gets jealous very easily. He's not very trusting. As of now I like to think he has a sweet side, but we all know my characters like to rebel...
Things you know about the character's past: Was in the hospital for about a month after the 'New Hollywood' theater burned down leaving him with brain damage (amnesia) and severe scar damage. He couldn't remember anything from before the fire. His parents were killed in the fire and he overheard the doctors talking about sending him to a foster home. As soon as he was physically able, he snuck back to the theater where he discovered the bomb shelter built there during WWII with a year's supply of food/water/clothes/whatever else is in a bomb shelter. During that year he became a very skilled thief. He continued to steal what he needed for 9 years before Carissa's dad purchased the theater. Owen started 'disturbing' the renovation workers before he started to blackmail Carissa's dad for money/food/electricity/whatever he needed
Where you think the character will end up: Dead... *cough*
What you want help with: He just feels cardboard to me...

message 2: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments I feel sorry for this guy.

message 3: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments As you should.

Anna would like me to add she wants to do the "truth" thing that Emmie's doing to help give me a voice.

message 4: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?

message 5: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 812 comments Mod
The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say it.

message 6: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say it."

Hmm... I may or may not get a last name. Because of the amnesia I can only remember my first name. On top of that, I never used it, so it was slightly forgotten.

message 7: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

No, Mitch. I am not a pedo.

message 8: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say it."

Hmm... I may or may not get a last name. Because of t..."

Ah, well. I had to tell you and Anna anyway. :)

message 9: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

No, Mitch. I am not a pedo."

Okay, good.

What decade/century are you living in?

message 10: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say it."

Hmm... I may or may not get a last name...."

We appriciate it.

message 11: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

Okay, good.

What decade/century are you living in?"

message 12: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say it."

Hmm....."

*smile*

Owen, you're almost as old as my parents.

message 13: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

Okay, good.

What decade/century are you living in?"

..."

Are you an Indie music fan, or are you more mainstream? Because I could hook you up with some great Indie stuff.

message 14: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which is entirely random.
I had to say ..."

Anna says that is both a plot point and another plot point... Anna, your brain confuses me.

message 15: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

Okay, good.

What decade/century are you living in?"..."

As of right now, I don't really listen to music. Maybe classical, but that's it.

message 16: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

Okay, good.

Wh..."

Dangit.

You mentioned that other people are repulsed by your burn scars. Are you?

message 17: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Maddison". Which..."

*rubs head in confusion* I'm too tired to understand stuff.

message 18: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last name that popped into my head was "Mad..."

And its Anna you're partially speaking to. She confuses people quite often.

message 19: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

Okay, good...."

Ocassionally. I hide them for the benefit of others, not so much myself.

message 20: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The first last nam..."

:D I confuse people too, so I forgive her.

message 21: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

No, Mitc..."

*nods*

Any favorite foods?

message 22: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "The f..."

That might be why you're friends.

message 23: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay.

Are you REALLY a pedo?"

..."

As of now, no. Anna would like suggestions.

message 24: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You'..."

Perhaps it is.
Mind telling her she's awesome?

message 25: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen ..."

She said the same thing about you a minute ago. That's a little freaky

message 26: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You'..."

Really? I feel loved.

So, how are you, Owen?

message 27: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Okay...."

Cassie will take over.

You...like...pasta...of all kinds.

message 28: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Its a mix between good and bad. If you take away the outside factors of Anna's various pains, I'm fine. Add them in, however, and its horrible.

message 29: by Ky, The Name Ninja (last edited Feb 26, 2011 09:49PM) (new)

Aw, I'm sorry.

Tell Anna I hope everything gets better.
And can you do be a favour, Owen?

message 30: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) ..."

Alright.

My favorite food is pasta. Of any and all kinds.

message 31: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Aw, I'm sorry.

Tell Anna I hope everything gets better. And can you do be a favour?"

It depends on the favour. But if I am able to, I will.

message 32: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen ..."

Yay pasta. *lacks enthusiasm*

How old were you when you became an amnesiac?

message 33: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Aw, I'm sorry.

It depends on the favour. But if I am able to, I will."

It's another random thing.
Can you ask Anna what she thinks of the name 'Aleksandar Basilio' ?

message 34: by Owen (new)

Owen | 19 comments Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) ..."

message 35: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) | 140 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Owen wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Aw, I'm sorry.

It depends on the favour. But if I am able to, I will."

..."

That is a cool name. I like how its "ks" instead of "x"

message 36: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen ..."

Who is Clarissa?

message 37: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Thanks Anna. He's greek.
I can't help saying his name in an accent...I just don't know what accent it is.

And Anna! Owen is cool.

message 38: by Owen (new)

In detail or condensed?

message 39: by Mitch (new)

Detail.

message 40: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) | 140 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.
I can't help saying his name in an accent...I just don't know what accent it is.

And Anna! Owen is cool."

I say it in kind of british kind of hispanic =]

Danke XD

message 41: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.

And Anna! Owen is cool."

I say it in kind of british ..."

I say it in the most epic Spanish accent EVER.

WHAT.

message 42: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.

And Anna! Owen is coo..."

I can imagine. :D

message 43: by Owen (new)

Anna will send you her very rough draft of what she has so far in my story since she has to go so I have to do go as well, so I'll actually answer tomorrow.

message 44: by Ky, The Name Ninja (last edited Feb 26, 2011 10:01PM) (new)

Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.

And Anna! Owen is cool."

I say it in kind of british ..."

olo
I pronounce it like this:
Ah-lek-sahnn-dahr Bah-sill-ee-oh
I dinna ken what that would be. :D

et de rien

message 45: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments *You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.
I can't help saying his name in an accent...I just don't know what accent ..."

Oh yeah. Native speaker right here.

message 46: by Mitch (new)

Okay. See you later.

message 47: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Anna de Rouen Fompledump wrote: "*You're Not Sorry* (Kenny) wrote: "Thanks Anna. He's greek.
I can't help saying his name in an accen..."

Can I have a high five, Mitch?

message 48: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 425 comments Yes. *high-fives Kenny*

message 49: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

*high fives* Awesome.

message 50: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen wrote: "Mitch (ǝuo ppo ǝɥʇ) wrote: "Owen ..."

Bye!

« previous 1