Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > You know you're losing it when.....

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) You start putting soap on your nail brush and realize it's actually your toothbrush.

message 2: by Misty (new)

Misty | 36 comments ...you get milk from the fridge to add to your coffee and realize you're holding the baby's sippy cup. Like Barb, it took a few seconds to figure out why it didn't seem right.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments When I first became an administrator I was really busy and distracted all the time. Once I did Taco Bell drive-thru...ordered...paid...and drove off without my food, not noticing until I got back to my office.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul (taytothief) Sit in the wrong lecture at college and don't realise for half an hour.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've done that, Tayto! I've also sat on the side of the wrong soccer game and become so engrossed in a book that I've not noticed that everyone has packed up and left and I'm sitting on the side of a deserted soccer field.

message 6: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) What was the name of the book that had you so engrossed, RA?

I was sitting by the Christmas tree one year when I was young, totally engrossed. My mother hollered at me and I looked up puzzled, only to discover I had picked off all the needles on one spot of the Christmas tree.

message 7: by Misha (last edited Feb 27, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I've paid for gas and then driven off without pumping. I've been lucky that I always realize right away and have been able to go back and fill up before someone else pulls up.

I also have a tendency to do things like lock my keys in the car when I'm really stressed. Now I have a car with a keychain remote that I always use to lock it, so if I leave the keys in, the car is unlocked and I can just grab them. Of course, that also means someone could just drive off with my car before I walk out of the grocery store or wherever.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

when you go to school and realize you forgot your school bag in your room, your cheer uniform at the dry cleaners, your cell phone in the basement and you forgot to wear your stupid uniform sweater...
or when you constantly keep leaving twenty dollar bills in your jeans when they go in the washer.
it just sucks loosing it.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11629 comments To loose, to lose, Toulouse.

Toodle-oo.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Loose that noose, hangman.

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments Esme wrote: "when you go to school and realize you forgot your school bag in your room, your cheer uniform at the dry cleaners, your cell phone in the basement and you forgot to wear your stupid uniform sweater..."

When you realize that high school has changed quite a bit since you were there.

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments when you put the milk in the cupboard and the dry oatmeal if the 'fridge and everyone else is looking at you and laughing and you still don't realize what you did! Until they ask you where the milk is.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Especially bad when you discover the milk the next day. :(

message 14: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I can't tell you how many times I've put cereal in the fridge.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments when you hear charlie sheen and get him on anything

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Gus wrote: "I can't tell you how many times I've put cereal in the fridge."

I keep cereal in the fridge. I keep everything that's been opened up in the fridge except for cooking oil.

message 17: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments once I got up thinking I had overslept: I thought it was 6:10 AM but it was actually 2:30 AM. 1st time I heard Janis Joplin singing "Bobby McGee".

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

a couple weeks ago i deluded myself into thinking that we lived in chicago where there was a heavy snow storm and went back to bed instead of getting really for school, even though there was only half an inch of snow outside.

message 19: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3403 comments Many years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I might have missed Mother's Day. No calendar, no Internet, couldn't go back to sleep - so, I called 411. The pleasant, probably bored operator told me I hadn't missed it after all.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I worked at a McDonald's in high school. One morning I woke up yelling who ordered the chicken!?

I didn't feel so bad when I told my manager he had a reoccurring dream that an Egg McMuffin chased him around trying to eat him.