Book Haven discussion

General > Incorrect Ebook page numbers requests

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber Carson (momtwo3) | 5 comments Hello everyone,
I was constantly requesting ebook page numbers to be changed when I was reading epubs and B&N nookbooks because the a lot of the ebooks here on goodreads have incorrect information and show wrong page number or just 0 for page numbers. so anyway I became a goodreads Librarian so I could just change them myself. so while reading ebooks if you come across an ebook with incorrect page numbers either message me or reply to this thread with the following information and I will fix it on here for you.

~Name of book
~Author
~correct Number of pages on your nook
(A link to the book would be helpful, but not necessary)

I look forward to helping get things straightened up!
thanks!!
~Amber

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments could there be something for kobo ereader users also?

message 3: by Amber (last edited Feb 27, 2011 05:57PM) (new)

Amber Carson (momtwo3) | 5 comments **EDIT*** what i have found says that Kobo displays the number of pages left in each chapter and not the whole book. Is this correct? please let me know how your Kobo displays your reading progress.
thanks
~Amber

Sonya, I dont own a Kobo but I have read that Kobo ebooks dont show page numbers. im looking into it right now but so far everything Ive come across says Kobo does not use page numbers.

message 4: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 440 comments that stinx.

message 5: by Bj (new)

Bj Hunter (bjhunter) I wonder if the Kindle shows the same page numbers as the Nook. I have a Kindle and the recent update enabled page numbers and percentages.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Carson (momtwo3) | 5 comments Bj, thats a good question! I thought Kindle only showed percentages, thats awesome that they now allow you to see page numbers. we should see if we have an ebooks in common and compare the page numbers between my nook and your kindle and see what we come up with.

message 7: by Bj (new)

Bj Hunter (bjhunter) Sure Amber, I just got my Kindle for Christmas though so I only have about 15 books on there so far. I have a few classics that were free; Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Pride and Prejudice, and The Picture of Dorian Gray. Let me know if you have any of these. Right now I am reading the Hangman's Daughter. I looked at the Nook at Walmart a few days ago and it is nice!

message 8: by Helen (new)

Helen I've just got my kindle, I'm reading The Moonstone but it doesn't give pages just per centages, can I change it?

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathycr) I also have a Kindle and wish I knew what page I was on and not just the percentage. Any help would be appreciated

message 10: by Bj (new)

Bj Hunter (bjhunter) There is an update that just came through a few weeks ago, I believe it is 3.1. When you are reading a book, you press the menu button and it will show you what page you are on, as long as page numbers are enabled for the book you are reading, not all of them are.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) The Kindle page numbers seem to match up with the book formats, I've only started reading one book since the update so I'm not sure if it's the case for all but I'm glad it's there even though I like the percentage thing.
If you want the update just go to Amazon, then Kindle Support it'll be at the top of the page. It'll tell you what all to do.

message 12: by Helen (new)

Helen Mine had the update when I first opened it, however, not all books have page numbers. You can tell whether you have the update or if the book has page numbers by whether it is greyed out. I think someone earlier explained the process.

I wonder whether they will extend the page number facility to all books.

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 148 comments I have a Kindle and a Nook both. The page number feature is something I like about the Nook. The recent update for the Kindle allows page numbers, but only if the book is formatted for that (or something like that) and most of the books I read do not provide page numbers. I know the page numbers on the Nook are not totally accurate, but I still prefer to see that I'm on page 76 of 329, rather than seeing that I'm 32%.

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen I've had page numbers on the last 2 books but they only come up if you select menu. Still it is nice to know.