V.C. Andrews discussion

March Book Club Pick - "HEAVEN" > Share Your Thoughts

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
OK, lets start breaking this book down, people! :D

What do you think of the introduction to Heaven and her situation? Lets pick apart her description of her surroundings and let us know what you think of it all. Feel free to add in anything else you find interesting. :)

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments i just finished the prologue and chapter one. I never read this book before but i can tell you that i'm drawn in!
I couldnt even imagin living the way this poor girl lives.

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
Is no one else joining in? :(

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments I guess not :o(

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 9 comments I read the whole book yesterdaym so I'm going to have a really hard time talking chapter by chapter, but in general, it amazes me how much Heaven takes on so young in her life. Even as a young girl, to find out your mom is not really your mother and all your siblings aren't really yours has to be incredibly hard to deal with.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments I agree about finding out her mom isnt hers. I also find that it would be really hard to feel like ur own father hated u and blamed u for somthing u had no control over.

I only read to chapter 6 so far.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin H I wish I had more time to re-read this book, it's so good!! But I have to agree with everyone, that is a lot to take on at such a young age...

message 8: by Loraine (new)

Loraine (rainebaby306) I love this book and have read it so many times that I have lost count. The way the book starts - her description of the Willies and life there seems to set up the dark secrets and times to be revealed. Her grandmother leading her to that little headstone sets little Heaven on a path equally as scary as the one she treads to that cold graveyard.

message 9: by Destiny (new)

Destiny | 10 comments This is my favorite and first series. I love every single book in it.

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 3 comments This book just freaks me out but I love it all the same

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 3 comments Read it all long time ago and at least 4 times since. The Casteel series was a great series! The book Heaven was a great introduction!!! The best part of this series is that it was actually written by V.C. Andrews and not her ghost writer! The plot is amazing; imagine losing your brothers and sisters that way. There are many characters in this series that you love to hate (ex. Fanny) and that you just love (ex. Heaven).

message 12: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 22 comments This is my favorite series that I've read so far, and what got me reading VCA as a teenager in the first place