Texas Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ta-Tanisha (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Ta-Tanisha  (tanilan) Come on in and introduce yourself. I'm Tanilan and I'm an assistant librarian in a high school. I am the mother of two teenagers, a coach's wife, and lover of all things literary; with a slight obsession with shoes.

Come on by and visit!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey i am Jinnifer and I live in Seminole. I have 4 kiddos and a sweet hubby. We just moved here last year so still adjusting. I love to read! My family is always telling me that is all I do but they all seem to be healthy and fed and clothed. ;)

Tanilan, I too have a SLIGHT obsession with shoes and clothes and really all things that are cute! LOL

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Nowlin-Edens (sara1955) | 1 comments Shoes? did I see SHOES??? :)

I'm Sara in Lamesa. I'm retired now (ugh) and craft for a living. I'm an avid reader (I love Diana Gabaldon!) and an aspiring writer (yeayea -- I can't write but I pretend LOL). I'm mom to three grown sons, two granddaughters and three grandsons. Oh -- and mom to two long-hair dachshunds.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Ray (RobinReneeRay) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I was born and raised in Texas, but now live in Hobbs NM. I go back to Coleman Tx, sometimes traveling through, Seminole, and Lamesa..LOL. I am the mother of one wonderful daughter and two beautiful granddaughters...Other than that I'm just a housewife and novelist. I love to write dark fiction, paranormal romance, and my favorite...Horror!

message 5: by Mark (new)

Mark Cotton (markcotton) | 1 comments Hi folks. Like Robin, I was born in Texas, but have spent most of my life in Hobbs, NM. I write novels of the same type that I enjoy reading, which would be mysteries and thrillers.

message 6: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Drummond (gldrummond) Hey, y'all! =)

Born, raised and living in Texas (Brownfield currently). I'm an indie author/self-publisher who writes scifi & preternatural fantasy (werewolves, etc.).

I love Diana Gabaldon too, Sara! Ooh, and Elizabeth Peters, and...and...well, many others. =)

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen Knox | 1 comments Hi all. I'm writing from San Antonio. I write, read, etc... I have yet to read Diana Gabaldon but have heard so many good things, I think I need to add her books to my list now.
My favorite books are literary memoirs and fiction that reads like nonfiction, but I do love a lot of books that don't fit this genre. Good to meet you all.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Hey i'm Lizz and i'm 22 about to be 23. I foster puppies and I have two dogs of my own. I'm dyslectic but I love to read. If it wasn't for the english teachers I had in high school I won't be reading at all. I was reading on a 2nd grade level going into high school and left at a 9th grade level. I also have ADHA. You guys can ask me anything you what to know about what I went thourgh.

message 9: by J. (new)

J. Edward Parrott (jedwardparrott) | 1 comments Hello all. My name is Jason and I am a first time author. Born and raised Hobbs and started writing back in 2008. My book is now officially available and boy was it a journey. My book is titled Planet X The Annunaki Wars and if all goes well hope to continue the series with at least two more books.

message 10: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Any chance this group is still active? Or has it fizzled? I am in Seminole for a few months and desperately miss my book club from New Orleans...would be nice :)

message 11: by Alysha (new)

Alysha Kaye (alyshakaye) | 1 comments Hello and Happy July 4th Eve:)

Interested in supporting an indie Texas author?

Hope you check out THE WAITING ROOM.
-Alysha Kaye
www.alyshakaye.com

Kindle version: http://amzn.to/TupzK9
Print version: http://amzn.to/1ofMTXn

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Miller | 1 comments Hi Everyone,
I just joined good reads to find new authors. I read both fiction and nonfiction. I was born and raised in South Texas.

message 13: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejmccay) | 1 comments Hi, I just joined. I currently live in Seminole, Texas. I already have a published book, Called Warrior. It's a Christian YA paranormal novel. I've finished a cozy mystery and a contemporary romance. I plan to release the romance in June and the cozy in July.

It's good to see some close-by Texans here on GR.

https://www.amazon.com/Called-Warrior...