So Many Great Books So little time discussion

The Immortal Life > If this was your mother and you saw her cells under the microscope would you feel a spiritual connection or do you think that cells are too remote?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle For me I feel it is too remote. I can't see how you can identify with a cell if that is the case would you feel a spiritial connection if you found a hairbrush filled with their hair?

message 2: by Hilly (new)

Hilly | 14 comments Who knows??? I'm not religious whatsoever but if I was uneducated and didn't grow up knowing my mother with no one allowed to speak of her, maybe I would feel some kind of connection to anything that was hers. I mean I loved Deborah...she was so full of love for her mother...I teared up when she was handed a vial of her mother's cells by Christoph and she touched it to her lips and said, "You're famous, just nobody knows it"...Sometimes when I would skim pass the mumbo jumbo of the science it was refreshing to listen to Deborah, a woman so loving of her family

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hilly wrote: "Who knows??? I'm not religious whatsoever but if I was uneducated and didn't grow up knowing my mother with no one allowed to speak of her, maybe I would feel some kind of connection to anything t..."

I did like Deborah too and I was sad to see that she died before the book was finished.

message 4: by Hilly (new)

Hilly | 14 comments I know it was sad, but she seemed to die peacefully and I was happy to hear about her brother "Z" finally seeing the light and the outcomes of the other younger Lackes.

message 5: by Devlynn (new)

Devlynn Allen | 8 comments Hard to say, because I am not in their situation, and cannot be empathetic. I am not so sure I would feel a spiritual feeling, but maybe a connection somehow.. I would be too confused to probably feel anything.. lol..The beauty of the cells is what where my love would come from... I was thinking about this when I was reading, and still could not imagine how I would feel!