Bookaholics!! discussion

Welcome! > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porkchop0911) | 65 comments Mod
Here we go write a short intro about yourself here. Lets have fun and get to know everyone.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

My name is Amanda I'm 23 years old from New Jersey. I enjoy traveling, taking pictures, reading and loving my puppy(pomapoo). Oh and i found this new love for laser tag haha. I know very childish but its great fun. I try to read a wide range of books dont have a favorite genere and read whatever sparks my interest. I look forward from learning from everyone here.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Jennifer Same Difference Sarah smith wrote: "Hi I am Jennifer and I come from England I am 12 years old and love Artemis Fowl,Harry Pottter,Sailor moon and Percy Jackson"

Thanks for joining Jennifer it is very nice to meet you Harry Potter is one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy yourself here. I just started this and it is pretty bare so hopefully it works out.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Interesting. They do warn you about them and you have to let the game masters know but most of the time you will be alright the one that we go to dont have stobes or anything. So its usually safe in that sense.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

I can say i am not good either but its still fun and innocent. Its just a good time because being 23 i know i am not old but when you start getting older you start going away from activities like those but OMG it is crazy fun and this place is huge.

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Nah i have never got into that style to much.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

never heard of them

message 8: by Rasier (new)

Rasier Hi i am Rasier. i love any book getting into romance though( if your wondering why its because, my girlfriend broke my heart) im emo but i dont cut. im exited to be here

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Nice to meet you Raiser. Like you I am an all type of book person i can tell within at least 20 pages if i am going to be interested in a book. Life is to short to many book to be stuck on a book that doesnt interest you. I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend but there are plenty of fish in the sea. Your heart will be broken for a little while i am sure you are still young so go out there and have fun.

message 10: by Rasier (new)

Rasier nice to meet you too. and thank you

message 11: by Amanda (new)

You are welcome!

message 12: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments Hi my name is Donnamarie, I'm 23 from England and have a deep love of all literature. I have a deep passion for poetry and novels of all genres :)

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Nice to meet you Donnamarie. I see that we are the same age which is great. I agree with you i love all genres not just on particular one for me does it. Welcome and I hope you enjoy our first read for March and you can start at any time.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) Hi my name is Amanda, I am 18 and I am from West Virginia. I love to read, most of the time you will see me with a book in my hands. I love poetry, and I've written some poetry but not much. But I will read pretty much anything.

message 15: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments Jennifer Same Difference Sarah smith wrote: "I like it
do you like Dr who or Top Gear or both"

I absolutely love doctor who especially David tenant as the doctor :)

message 16: by Donnamarie (last edited Feb 23, 2011 07:44PM) (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments Rasier wrote: "Hi i am Rasier. i love any book getting into romance though( if your wondering why its because, my girlfriend broke my heart) im emo but i dont cut. im exited to be here"

Sorry about your girlfriend, I kinda Like chick lit for light reading my absolute favourite is can you keep a secret by Sophie kinsella :)

message 17: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (gunslinger19) | 9 comments Amanda wrote: "Nice to meet you Donnamarie. I see that we are the same age which is great. I agree with you i love all genres not just on particular one for me does it. Welcome and I hope you enjoy our first r..."

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hi my name is Amanda, I am 18 and I am from West Virginia. I love to read, most of the time you will see me with a book in my hands. I love poetry, and I've written some poetry but not much. But I ..."

Nice to meet you Amanda and glad that you can join our group here. I have visited one of the VA's lol. I remember a big light up star. HAHA. Feel free to share any works that you have done. I will put up a section where people can share there stuff if you like. I agree with chick lit is my light reading. I always have a lot of books started at once since I never know what i will be in the mood for.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Meyer (amandarenay18) Its nice to meet you too, I think this group is going to be a lot of fun! I'd be glad to share my poem with you, its not the greatest in the world, but its my first and I'm working on more.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

I agree this group will have a lot of input and discussion i hope. Great i look forward to reading your stuff.

message 21: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll Hi my name is Catherine I'm from Ireland I'm 26 and love to read.

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Welcome Catherine! Wow we are getting people from all over. IS there any specife genre that you are into.

message 23: by Justin (new)

Justin Hi!!! I'm Justin and I am from NY. I like to read and I'm good at it. Thank you.

message 24: by cazdoll (new)

cazdoll Well i like genres really have to put Harry potter at the top.......I also like James Patterson many others,mainly romances :)

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Justin wrote: "Hi!!! I'm Justin and I am from NY. I like to read and I'm good at it. Thank you."

Welcome Justin. Glad you like to read you joined the right group. It always helps to be good with it.

message 26: by Justin (new)

Justin Hi Amanda!, Yes I'm quite good, with it. I was wondering if we could all get together and have a book party?

message 27: by Amanda (new)

That would be intersting justin to actually meet up for a book party but i dont know how well that would go since we are from all over the world.