Pulp Magazine Authors and Literature Fans discussion

General > Internet Speculative Fiction Database

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments If you are looking for some great information on the authors and stories from the Pulp Fiction Magazine era, I find that the Internet Speculative Fiction Database is extremely helpful!

It doesn't provide copies but it does have a lot of great information.

http://www.isfdb.org

Amy

message 2: by Jim, Co-moderator (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 234 comments Mod
Interesting. Thanks, Amy.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments No problem. Its one of my favorite resources. One of the things I love about the Pulp Fiction magazines is how many of the authors were incredibly prolific.

Amy

message 4: by Jim, Co-moderator (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 234 comments Mod
There used to be a used book store in Baltimore that had a huge attic full of old pulps for a dime each. Most weren't in great shape, but still had a read or two left in them. Unfortunately, the neighborhood changed & they went out of business along with two others next door.

I walked over there one day (it wasn't too far from the hospital where my wife was getting a procedure done) & passed a new library that had been trashed. I went around the corner to where the book stores were & there were people passed out on the street. One was leaning up against the old book store with a needle sticking out of her arm. A cop walked up to me & asked me what I was doing. I told him as he hustled me out of there. He thought I was nuts.

message 5: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 62 comments Cool link, Amy.

Jim -- urban decay. Bummer.