Love Inspired Books discussion

Character Interviews > Heroine Interview from The Outlaw's Return by Victoria Bylin

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
The Outlaw's Return by Victoria Bylin

How exciting to have Mary Larue, the heroine from The Outlaw’s Return, a February release from Love Inspired Historical with us today.

1. Tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Hmmm … The most interesting thing about me is something I won’t share with just anyone. But we’re friends, so I’ll be straight. Back in Kansas, I fell in love with an outlaw named J.T. Quinn. I let things go too far, and I paid a price for that decision.

2. What do you do for fun?
I sing. Back in Abilene, I was the star of a stage show. I had to give it up because of what happened with J.T., but I still love to sing.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Does anyone woman like housework? I sure don’t! But it’s got to get done. I run a café, so I can’t let things get messy. I’m glad to have my brother and sister here to help. Gus is 12 and Gertie is 17. They don’t like chores, but we pull together as a family.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Losing my reputation and my good name. After the trouble with J.T., I couldn’t walk down the street without getting ugly stares. I don’t ever want to be an outcast again. You can imagine how I felt when I saw J.T. waiting for me outside of church. Everyone could see him . . . I was scared to death that the talk would start and I’d be shamed all over again.

5. What do you want out of life?
I want my brother and sister to grow up safe and happy. As for myself, I’d love a family of my own, but that takes a husband and I don’t trust men. I especially don’t trust J.T. Quinn after the way he left me in Abilene.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
My faith. I know what it’s like to live without it. I don’t ever want to do it again.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I love stories and would read if I had time. As things are, I read my mother’s Bible at night. I especially like the Psalms. And I like cookbooks!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
What’s done is done. I wouldn’t change anything. My biggest flaws taught me the greatest lessons.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don’t have a pet, but J.T. has a dog named Fancy Girl. She took to me right away, and I took to her. My brother loves her a lot. There’s a reason Fancy Girl’s on the cover of this book. She’s the real star of the show!

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Since I’m an actress in Denver in 1876, could I go into the future instead? I’d travel to the year 2011. I’d go to New York and see a Broadway show, then I’d fly to Hollywood and see how movies are made. And television! I’d produce my own show. What do you think of a western about a woman who falls in love with an outlaw . . .. an outlaw named J.T. Quinn? I’d call it. The Outlaw’s Return. Would that be fun?

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments got to read the boook soon. love this doggie :)))