Amazon Kindle discussion

Books by members > New Release: REGARDING DUCKS AND UNIVERSES - lighthearted sci-fi mystery

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neve (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) Regarding Ducks and Universes, my debut novel, releases today both in print and on Kindle, with the Kindle book on sale for $0.99 at the moment. (I don't know how long that will last, the publisher sets the price!)

The blurb:

On a foggy Monday in 1986, the universe suddenly, without warning, bifurcated. Fast forward to thirty-five years later: Felix Sayers is a culinary writer living in San Francisco of Universe A who spends his days lunching at Coconut Café and dreaming of penning an Agatha Christie-style mystery. But everything changes when his Aunt Henrietta dies, leaving Felix a photograph of his father and himself—dated ten days before Felix was born. It can only mean one thing: Felix has an “alter” in Universe B. Panicked that his mystery novel may exist already, Felix crosses to San Francisco B and proceeds to flagrantly violate the rules of both worlds by snooping around his alter’s life. But when he narrowly escapes a hit-and-run, it becomes clear that someone knows he’s crossed over…and whoever it is isn’t happy about it. Now Felix must uncover the truth about his alter, the events of one Monday, and a missing rubber duck before his time in both worlds runs out.

Regarding Ducks and Universes by Neve Maslakovic
You can find the Kindle book here:
http://www.amazon.com/Regarding-Ducks...

message 2: by Orbs n Rings (last edited Feb 22, 2011 07:36AM) (new)

Orbs n Rings (autumnbluesreviews) | 33 comments Thank you Neve! I wish you lots of luck with your book. I have posted it to my blog here.
http://autumnbluesreviews.blogspot.co...

message 3: by Neve (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) Thanks, Digna, that was amazingly nice of you!!!

I went ahead and subscribed to your blog via Networked Blogs (which I am just starting to find my way around, having set NB up for my Facebook pages.) My blog can be found here:

http://nevemaslakovic.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for the lovely post about my book!

message 4: by Orbs n Rings (new)

Orbs n Rings (autumnbluesreviews) | 33 comments Great! Thank you I just subscribed to your newsletter:)

message 5: by Neve (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) Thanks, Digna!

message 6: by Sinuhe (new)

Sinuhe (dubyte) | 21 comments I have a long list of books to read, but Now I have your book. I hope to read it soon. :)

message 7: by Neve (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) Thanks for buying the book, Sinuhe! I hope you like it.

message 8: by Sinuhe (new)

Sinuhe (dubyte) | 21 comments Thanks to you for write it.

message 9: by Neve (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) We're such a polite group :)

One of the (many) reasons why I like Goodreads!

message 10: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlotte-) | 32 comments Should check goodreads more often, gotten behind lately - price is now $2.99, at least from Canada! Sounds like something I might enjoy so will buy it anyway.

message 11: by Neve (last edited Mar 01, 2011 12:10PM) (new)

Neve Maslakovic (nevemaslakovic) Hope you like the book, Charlotte! Yeah, the price just went up today to $2.99 on the US site too. It's been quite a week since the release (including a wild ride in the rankings and a mis-categorization of the book which has been now corrected!)