Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Talk Genre > Artificial Intelligence

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Does anyone have any good SFR rec's that focus on artificial intelligence?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I've never read The Silver Metal Lover (Silver Metal Lover, #1) by Tanith Lee , but I think this may fall into that category.

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody Wallace (jodywallace) If you can find it, Susan Squires' BODY ELECTRIC was about an AI. It was quite interesting.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Jody wrote: "If you can find it, Susan Squires' BODY ELECTRIC was about an AI. It was quite interesting."

Thanks Jody, I'll look for it :)

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments Oh, I would love a book with an AI hero!

message 6: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 154 comments Shoot I read one about a girl who was an AI and fell in love with her pilot maybe? She tried desperately to fine a way to have a real body to be with him. I am drawing a blank on title and author. Eek! I'll try to find it. Read it before Goodreads so it might take me a while.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Jacqueline wrote: "Shoot I read one about a girl who was an AI and fell in love with her pilot maybe? She tried desperately to fine a way to have a real body to be with him. I am drawing a blank on title and author..."

Hmmm..... Are you talking about The Dare by Susan Kearney ? I forgot all about that book until I read your post.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore new_user wrote: "Oh, I would love a book with an AI hero!"

Me too :)

message 9: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 154 comments Michelle,
Yes! That is the one! Thanks.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Jacqueline wrote: "Michelle,
Yes! That is the one! Thanks."

No problem :)

message 11: by Jaleta (new)

Jaleta Clegg | 1 comments This is an old one, but very good. The Ship Who Sang I think Anne McCaffrey wrote several more in the series, but they may have been short stories in her collections.

In the book, starships are controlled by the brains of people who were physically damaged. The brains aren't supposed to have feelings or do "human" things anymore, but this ship sings. Each ship is paired with a brawn, a physically fit human who does the grunt work the ship can't do. It's a fascinating read.

message 12: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments I liked both Body Electric and The Ship Who Sang.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I'm reading The Dare by Susan Kearney right now. I didn't realize it was the second book in its series, but I beleive it can be read as a stand alone. The first book is The Challenge by Kearney Susan .

message 14: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Oh! I didn't know that either. I have The Dare, but not The Challenge.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore AnnaM wrote: "Oh! I didn't know that either. I have The Dare, but not The Challenge."

The author says The Dare can be read as a stand alone, and she does give some background info. I'm just wondering if I should place Dare on hold, and read The Challenge first. There's some reference to events that took place, and not that I feel lost, I'd just like to be "in the know" as to how the characters came to be in their current situation.

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore In fact, that's what I will do- place The Dare on hold. I'm ordering a few books from Amazon and ebay, and will add The Challenge to one of those orders.