Clean Reads discussion

Non-Fiction > suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare Cannon (goodreadingguide) | 6 comments Just had a suggestion for the group's bookshelf, is it possible to allow users to sort books by their publish date? We can do this on our own bookshelves but can't seem to for the group. It would help to know how old or new the books added are. Thanks!

message 2: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 98 comments this is probably something that goodreads employees could answer. generally that kind of technical or set-up stuff is in their field, not necessarily controlled by the individual group. tracy, the moderator, could tell you if that is currently an option.

if not, consider suggesting it over in the goodreads feedback group:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 3: by benebean (new)

benebean | 13 comments I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you could add a "classics" shelf that would at least serve as a rough delineation between older and newer books.

message 4: by Clare (new)

Clare Cannon (goodreadingguide) | 6 comments Thanks for the suggestions, I just vaguely remembered it being an option for moderators to allow bookshelf sorting by other fields, but maybe that is just for personal profiles.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 75 comments Hey, great suggestion! I unfortunately cannot find where I would do that. I will not pretend to be a goodreads expert by any means, but I'm not able to find that setting anywhere.

Sorry. Hey, if anybody comes across it, let me know!

Thanks, and welcome all you new friends!
Tracy

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela4444) | 10 comments Nonfiction suggestions (Clean & Excellent!)
Beyond Mud & Vines/Jorgensen
Story of my Life/Ahmedi
Meeting God Behind Enemy Lines/Watkins
Cross and the Switchblade/Wilkerson
My Ride to a New Life/Sicard
Journey of Faith/drake
Wesley the Owl/O'Brien
The Help/(can't remember if it's perfectly clean)
...and all of Alexander McCall Smith!

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 11 comments The Help is a great story but it's filled with profanity (mainly the word g*dd*mn) and it's fiction, not non-fiction. You can read my review of it here:
http://libraryofcleanreads.blogspot.c...