LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Threads > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth A. (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) | 120 comments Hi. I am a stay-at-home mom of two. I quilt, knit, sew, read, and spend way too much time on Goodreads.

I would love to be part of a LDS Ladies book club. I don't know if I can read Persuasion, I have a lot of books to read this month. I'm reading the entire Twilight series so I can participate in a local book club discussion on Breaking Dawn in September. But count me in for the next book.

Is anyone else out there??? I would love to see this group get going!

message 2: by Amber G., Group Creator (new)

Amber G. (lavenderbutterfly) | 288 comments Mod
Thanks for posting!

Persuasion was for July. We can do Breaking Dawn for August. I just read it. I started reading the Twilight series shortly after it was released in 2005. I was amazed to see it take off. I'm sure early Harry Potter fans felt the same.

Let me know when you are done with Breaking Dawn so we can chat about it. I have specific feelings about it, different from the others in the series.

message 3: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) | 120 comments I am almost done with Eclipse so I will be starting Breaking Dawn soon. So far... Eclipse is my favorite.

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie Hi! I've just found this group to and am excited to see some activity! I read and finished Breaking Dawn so I'll be excited to discuss it, too.

BTW, my name is Marie and I'm a stay-at-home mom of two, also! Again, excited to chat about this book and upcoming ones!

message 5: by Stacey Nerdin (new)

Stacey Nerdin (staceynerdin) | 2 comments Hello to all! So glad to find something like this on Goodreads. :)

I'm currently able to stay home with my five kids. It's a good thing, since I'm going to need all my energy to handle one in high school, one in jr high, and two in elementary school this year. Whew! The baby will just get to hang out and watch Mommy's head spin. :)

I have a couple of blogs, and you're welcome to come check them out. Our family is at happyarewe.wordpress.com and my book reviews are at paperdietbooks.wordpress.com .

Glad to be part of this group!

message 6: by Kathy (last edited Aug 18, 2008 09:58PM) (new)

Kathy (kathyhabel) | 26 comments I'm a stay at home mom with 5 kids too. I love Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Got Breaking Dawn at midnight and finished it by 4:00 on the day it was released.
Currently looking for other good books to read.

message 7: by Amber G., Group Creator (last edited Aug 20, 2008 07:59AM) (new)

I'm a mom of 3 wonderful kids (12, 9, 5). They are ALL in school this year! If I wasn't watching two other little ones I would have no kids in the house during the day!
I'm a massage therapist by trade, a Heritage Makers consultant (which I LOVE) www.scrapwithamber.com (my blog), and a natural health believer. I'm married to a wonderful chiropractor and live in Idaho. I also, of course, love to read. Next to pictures, books are my most treasured earthly possessions.
Oh, I'm also the group creator/moderator.

message 8: by Heather (last edited Sep 01, 2008 05:58PM) (new)

Heather (pheather) Hello Ladies! I'm currently a SAHM mom to 2 little boys, ages 4 and almost 3. I'm a LPN and I'm looking for work in the evenings so I don't have to put my kids in daycare.

I love to read and read too much (according to my hubby!). I live in Quincy IL (Nauvoo IL Stake), but the rest of my family lives in the American Fork area in UT. We are heading out there in a few weeks for a surprise birthday party for my mother's 50th. I can't wait!!

I'm on Facebook and I also have a blog:
i{love} being a mother

message 9: by Amber G., Group Creator (new)

Hi Heather!
We used to live in the Nauvoo temple district and were there for all the events as the temple was erected. My dh and I even worked the open house. That was a very special time for us.

I also blog and love Facebook.
Check out mine at
Scrap With Amber

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (pheather) Amber-
Where in the temple district did you live? I also worked at the open house with my hubby (no children yet as we had only been married a few months).
It's such a blessing to have a temple so close now being that I have lived in the midwest most my life (except college, GO Rexburg!). And one that's only 40 minutes away.
Now I know that for those Utahans (is that a word?) having a temple 40 minutes away wouldn't be a novelty, but we were used to have to travel hours to get to a temple.

Anyway, just rambling. But I noticed your post on my blog, thanks. Again curious that your pool also had a frog slide.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa) (letsread) | 7 comments My name is Lisa. I am a SAHM with four children ranging from ages 13 to 5. My youngest is in Kindergarten, this is very exciting to me. I volunteer in the PTA here and spend a lot of time running around. I buy way to many books, something my husband is not very happy about, but I tell him that have good books on the shelves is like having food storage. If ther is a major crisis, I will still need books to read. I live in Springville, Utah

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky Hi, I'm Becky. I have three kids, my oldest turns 9 in November and my youngest turns 2 in November. I work and am blessed to be able to work from home and take my munchkin to the office where I have a playroom set up for her. Life is busy with kids, school, soccer, dance and home. Reading is a great escape for me and I always wish I had more time to read. Since my toddler keeps my so busy I listen to lots of books on my iPod.

message 13: by Amber G., Group Creator (new)

I just noticed your post on Goodreads. For some reason I missed it. We lived in Davenport, and I'm not sure what temple district that is. My dh and I also went to Ricks! Those frog slides must be a midwest thing. I've never seen one just like ours in Davenport until I saw your blog.

message 14: by Lkohn (new)

Lkohn Hi I'm Laura. I've lead our wards book group for about 2 years now. We are focusing on classics. I love to read and this is my motivation to find the time. I have three boys and I homeschool the oldest who is 7.

message 15: by Kristelle (new)

Kristelle Hello! My name is Kristelle and I am new wife who works part time at a library. I wanted to join a bookclub that wasn't trying to read the racist books around like the ones at the library around here. I love books and my husband is always amazed with how fast I can get through a book.

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 50 comments Hello I just joined to find so good books to read. We tried to do a book club in my ward but it never really took off. My name is Rebecca, I live in Michigan and stay at home with my very handsome 4 1/2 year old son.
I was a little sad to see that there hasn't been much posting lately!

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather | 83 comments I just realized that I never introduced myself! I grew up in Utah and Idaho where I lived until I moved to Maryland three years ago. I stay at home with my 4 1/2 year old daughter and participate in teaching a little co-op preschool with other moms from my ward. I don't have a favorite book genre because I like to read it all!

message 18: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Hey All - I'm Shanon and I am also a stay-at-home Mom. I have an energetic 2 1/2 year old boy & a 9 month old smiling girl.

I love reading but have had less time to do it since discovering this website!

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 50 comments Heather wrote: "I just realized that I never introduced myself! I grew up in Utah and Idaho where I lived until I moved to Maryland three years ago. I stay at home with my 4 1/2 year old daughter and participate..."
My sister lived in MD...hmmm...2 or 3 years ago...She really liked it there, I visited 2 times and would have gladly moved there if we could have(and she was going to be there longer).

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 83 comments I love reading but have had less time to do it since discovering th..."

I feel the same way! Apparently I like to read about reading almost as much as reading :)

message 21: by Heather (new)

Heather | 83 comments I agree that Maryland is a pretty great place to live. I have a lot more variety in and access to great family activities - way more than in Idaho anyway. Plus, our proximity to historical and cultural sites is fantastic! I take advantage of it as often as I can.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.